Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just wanting some advice at how to pain the zombi kind of skin that apears in the death Guard box. I'm working on a home maid death guard squad, although I have the ideas for the armor, the rotting pile of flesh...I don't know how to put it good.

Thanks in advance.

Once I finish the squad I shall post some pics up.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Its very hard to tell, but you could start with a grey colour such as codex grey/elf flesh mix as the base, then give a wash of very light blue, then a layer of flesh, and another wash of blue and then a hightight of flesh/bone mix. I'd recommend trying this on something first as I am purly guessing if this will have the desired result.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
For an easy cheerful method ive used on my zombies which works well and look great is as follows :

Gretchen green

50/50 gretchen green and rotting flesh leaving the first coat in darkest recesses.

Then pure rotting flesh leaving your basecoat still in the recesses aslong as a small ammount of the previous coat.

Extreme highlight with skull white, use this highlight in moderation on the very highest prominent features of the flesh, cheek bones, chin, nose, lips, knuckles etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For an easy cheerful method ive used on my zombies which works well and look great is as follows :

Gretchen green

50/50 gretchen green and rotting flesh leaving the first coat in darkest recesses.

Then pure rotting flesh leaving your basecoat still in the recesses aslong as a small ammount of the previous coat.

Extreme highlight with skull white, use this highlight in moderation on the very highest prominent features of the flesh, cheek bones, chin, nose, lips, knuckles etc.
This sounds viable, I'll try it.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts