Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To try and keep myself motivated and actually complete an army I decided to double dip here and do both an Plog for it and submit to the Army Painting challenge.

The Painting challenge to force me to complete at least one unit a month, and this to encourage me to possibly do more than that.

So for both things I'll be focusing on the Angels of Absolution. Also known as the only DA Successor chapter who doesn't refer to itself as "Unforgiven", and rocks the entire chapter in Bone colored armor (it was that or the Angels of Vigilance who wear Gold armor (and people said it was too flashy for Sisters :p)).

So every plog needs to start somewhere so mine will begin with the sprues of the first unit I'll be doing for this army, a tactical squad.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I look forward to it--and how my CSM bone-colored army also wishes it had no trim to paint, ai me...

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Ooh, Angels of Absolution.

This should be good! :good:

·
8,723 Posts
It would be hard to "see" me paint something since we're in different countries and all.
That red light on the top shelf of the bookcase....? Yeah. Ignore that, it's nothing..... :wink:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, i'd love to see how zion manages to paint this fellas.
let the paintwork speak for itself

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That red light on the top shelf of the bookcase....? Yeah. Ignore that, it's nothing..... :wink:
Seeing as I just put a bookcase in here this past weekend and it's too full for your "red light" I don't have anything to worry about. :p

And I actually live in the US. Just proud of being a Swede. Hence the flag ;) Regardless Hobby ADHD Is a mother.

Looking forward to seeing the work. :)
Fair enough. Unless you tell me you're hiding out in Montana though I still don't see how you could watch me paint. :p

That hobby ADHD is making me REALLY want to go and start and Ork army instead. I shouldn't have watched those painting videos!

I'm still going to try and get at least one squad of these guys done before I let myself switch gears and run off screaming and gibbering into the ocean though.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
That hobby ADHD is making me REALLY want to go and start and Ork army instead. I shouldn't have watched those painting videos!
Zion come and join the orks. Gork and Mork are calling you. Lots of new models coming out soon. New codex should be out soon. Lots of good green orky stuff will be here soon. Come join me in waaaghing hard and rocking some new ork stuff. I know I have put all Chaos space marines projects on hold and started hording stuff for my new ork army.

I'm still going to try and get at least one squad of these guys done before I let myself switch gears and run off screaming and gibbering into the ocean though.
Running screaming and gibbering see you already sound like an ork. Just yell waaaaagh as you run and your there. :biggrin: Anyway good luck on this you will need it.

·
8,723 Posts
Sounds like one or two of the blokes at work when you ask them to get off their arses and do a bit :laugh:

·
8,723 Posts
Zog it. I caved and am building some Orks right now.

My will was apparently not strong enough.
You need to paint yourself green and change your name...... :crazy:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You need to paint yourself green and change your name...... :crazy:
We can call him Da Zogger from now on since hez an ork now. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
@Zion (Da Zogger)... Y U NO STAY ONTO A PROJECT FOR MORE THAN 24h ?

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
I tried to stay on course but all dem shiny gubbins and I wandered off after the shinies....
Oi. Dat's ok. Dem shiney bitz an' grubbins, kans, an' shooty bitz be callin' to deh Mek in me.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So a little status report so people don't think I've just run off on this thing already:

Yesterday I built a box of Stormboyz, started painting a unit of boyz, started a Battlewagon (need to order a 'Rolla for it), and then today I worked on the Boyz some more, built a box of Grots, a Mek, a box of Lootas and will likely do the Burnas out of some extra Boyz I've got later.

Oh and I dug out most of a Stompa, so I'll need to do some eventual kitbashing and possibilly scratch building to get that ready for painting. I want to swap the Supa-Gatla for a Giga Shooter (6D6 and not running out of ammo is more fun to me :p) and I'm thinking a Lifta-Droppa for the other arm. Or something.

Additionally I've got a Trukk and 3 Warbikerz built and primed for painting. I went the slightly less cool looking way on the Trukk and skipped the Boarding Planks and Wrecking Ball at least for now as I don't know what the next codex will do to them yet and I didn't want to put stuff on I'd end up ripping off (while putting it on is much easier).

EDIT: Also I'm thinking about calling the Stompa "Da Zogger" just for fun. :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.