Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So again my wife decides to surprise me and makes some bad ass background buildings out of paper and take a photo shoot using my zerkers. Let me know what you all think.

woog out!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
(I'm still jealous of your wife, in a non-creepy way)

Nicely done, Woog; the 'zerkers look great. I love their paint scheme, and the paper buildings make a very nice background. Way to go!

-[Insert mandatory sign-off here] Varrius

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks LTP and Varrius, i'll let me wife know you both approve. on a side note varrius. Depending where you are in ontario it's only about a 20 hour drive from me so if you ever want to set up a game, let me know :biggrin:. I don't have a passport and i think all the fresh air in Canada might be bad for me so you'd have to come down this way.

woog out!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
As long as I can bring my DE, I'm up for that. It's about a 40-minute drive to Niagara Falls (the actual falls, not the area) from here, so I'll meet you at the border. :biggrin: I'll just wait a day while you show up.

...but I'll have to cheat my way over the border again, since I'm too lazy to dig a passport out of my desk.

-Varrius, ending palaver

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know a nice field up there in northern New York. I'm sure i can fit my table in the back of my minivan and be up there in 7 hours if traffic is good. lol Maybe we'll just have to skype a game. Use paper markers and what for the enemy troops. that would be overly confusing and complicated and fight right in with the 40k scene.
woog out!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Fuck you and your awesome painting skill! Lol in all seriousness, I may like these models so much in fact that even if I was lossing to you I would still be ok because I get to get my ass kicked by awesome models, at least.

P.S. Your wife seems like a fantastic person, nice catch. Lol

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
I'm lovin the terrain work man... the scale makes the marines look that much "bigger". Props to the wife and just so you know, my guard wants to eat those zerkers for lunch!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for all the positive remarks! She's making some more buidlings and what not and i'll get back to painting.

I'm lovin the terrain work man... the scale makes the marines look that much "bigger". Props to the wife and just so you know, my guard wants to eat those zerkers for lunch!
You're only about a 2 hour drive... 18 with traffic... i'm just sayin....

woog out!

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
hmm might have to take that 2, eeerr, 18hr drive when my wife goes upstate and leaves me alone... Mind if I bring my other girlfriends though :p

·
Registered
924 Posts
Those backgrounds look cool and they fit awesomely well with the models too. I have to say with your painting it's nice and neat i think a couple applications of a dark wash along the gold to give it a slightly grittier feel would make them just that tiny more outstanding but they are good.

What's next for you on the painting side? and your wife? will she make a whole battlefield? :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have to finish the last half of my zerkers next, after that i have a squad of thousand sons that need primed and painted. My rhinos are all primed and i'm avoided those because i hate painting flat surfaces. My main project which i've been talking about for way to long without starting is my Dreadnaught/tyranid/dinosaur creation. As far as the wife, whenever she feels like making buildings or what not she sits down and makes a few. I'll have to try the dark wash. i've been told to do it several times but i'm not sure how to go about doing so. I make my own washes so would chaos black be a good color to use or a dark brown? How much should i apply and at what areas?

woog out!

·
Registered
924 Posts
For washes the GW ones are actually pretty darn good, i would recommend it and use a brown rather than black as black can look too harsh.

Apply the wash over the rivets and the joints of the model as the pigment should flow around the details to give it more definition, it's a bit tedious applying a little bit over each area you think is right but it's worth it, and then what i do is apply a little base colour back onto the main area e.g on the top of the rivet and then highlight it a little bit.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I've gotten making washes down to a pretty precise science. I found the recipe in the modeling section and i've tweaked it and they work out pretty good. Check them out in the obliterator section of my photobucket. As far as applying the wash i'll give that a shot. I'm not sure what you mean by highlight after i put black on the rivits. But i'll try it out anyways

woog out!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, i think it get it. Memories of middleschool art classes are flooding back through the haze of boredom and sleep. I'll give it a shot and post some pics up. The wife's newest project is bad ass. maybe i'll sneak a pic and post that up to.

woog out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts