Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
its just a common rule to keep the dice on the table. no one really wants to go looking for the dice and really wants to see if your lieing or not im sure most wouldnt do anything like this but its just a precaution in my gameing club if its on the ground re roll it but i guess that is determined by where your playing isnt it.

and bobss i have the same problem

·
Registered
215 Posts
Buying far too many models to even sonsider painting in a life time, currently im sitting on around 16,000 points worth of models for my various army lists. Im never going to be able to assemble, paint and base all of these models, whilst sill having a life that is

·
Registered
152 Posts
bottlenecking my damn troops(orks)

helping my opponent kick my a$$ by offering tips!

alwaya having one model be broken right before the game when i take it out of the case

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let's see...

Planning for every outcome, 'cept the one my opponent performs. Successfully keeping my Fire Warriors out of the assault distance of all models, only for them to then be brutally hacked to death by a Repentia squad or a Genestealer horde in the final turn of the game. And my favourite, taking ages to paint a single trooper. Usually because there's something good on the telly. Snarf.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine would have to be collecting a 4000 point army while only playing 1 750 point game and 1 950 point game, ah well they look good on the mantelpiece.

·
Registered
223 Posts
buying one full army finish making but neaver finish painting. making sure that it will take me 2/3 of the whole game to move my gaunts......

·
Registered
163 Posts
saying dont worry to much about scenery lets just set it up play a quick game then wondering why my swarm dosnt last a turn

·
Registered
211 Posts
not painting. thinking too much about converting. playing game after game trying to make the same tactics work when they obviously don't

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
And buying way to many minitures, some I hardly use.
Hey, that's better than what I do... I buy miniatures I NEVER use. Like Librarians. Love the models, but my Chapter doesn't field 'em. Makes it seem like Have Faith in Suspicion is more of a drawback to cut something I actually want to have out of the picture, I think.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Mine is assembling the model, look at it when its varnished, dried, based and then thinking "Idon't like those arms". About 4 terminators have really crappy joints because of it

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
i always and i mean ALWAYS try and get my chaos marines into close combat with units that i know they can rape, such as the eldar, tau or imperial guard, and having them get massecred before they even reach them. i even have terminators and two obliterators to lay down covering fire but i usually get too caught up and never use them for that damn purpose. thats why i have daemons now!! can anyone say meatshield!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Always putting of painting my eldar harlequins. I've had them for a year and a half and i don't even own that many models

·
Registered
31 Posts
drinking while playing. It starts out as innocent then i'm a 12 pack deep and all strategy has gone out the window. God bless the orks because even they would not be mad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Believing that my units are better because I like how I've painted them. Honestly, I've found myself gazing at a mini I'm pleased with thinking "You're so fantastic no-one will ever be able to kill you!"

This turns out not to be the case.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Buying too much modells, then never finishing painting. Painting a modell or squad too long (my 9 TS modells are not done even yet, and I paint them since a month). Converting nearly every army, wich I owned (9. army this time on the table), consuming too much time, never get done with them, getting bored, and selling them (I still have 3 armies this time Black Templars, Eldar and Chaos SM).

Always writing hard lists, using nice tactics, but then, the dice is against me, as I attack a squad, witch I can beat (SM assault marines, 8 modells +vet searg with power fist+ chaplain with PW attacking 10 modells of eldar guardians +1 warlock), and ending beeing massacred (only the chaplain lived at the end of turn)... Oh, and watch as somebody uses my list, and my tactics, and butchering everything on the table, what does not belong to him... This is the hardest, and it makes me cry!

Buying too many armies, then throwing them out before finishing for another... Getting beeted too much time.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Projects left half-completed.

I love assembling figs, converting, aven getting started on painting: basecoating, getting a layer or two down...then I lose steam as the process slows to a crawl, picking details a fig at a time...and change projects.

Five or so armies, all half-completed.
Sad really.

·
Registered
55 Posts
buying some models just to paint up and convert for fun. i should of spent the money on my actual army......
Also
Hereticus said:
Believing that my units are better because I like how I've painted them. Honestly, I've found myself gazing at a mini I'm pleased with thinking "You're so fantastic no-one will ever be able to kill you!"

This turns out not to be the case.
Yup. I know that feelin'.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Spending the better part of the night making a list, then discovering it is illegal. Yeah, happened just now.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts