Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
mine has to be thinking of awesome strategies then realising there pretty pointless against my freinds CHEESY list

·
Registered
438 Posts
Trying to do too many projects at once.

Cutting up bits of a models for a conversion only to think, damn, I didn't need to cut that bit.

·
Registered
599 Posts
On and off again painting....

I will paint and play for 2 weeks almost every night..then not play/paint for 2 months.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Not taking the time to paint a model's torso before attaching the arms...it really makes a difference, and I've only just begun to take the extra time.

Oh, and generally not playing games...though I suppose that's more a matter of availibility (or lack thereof) of opponents than a habit...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Starting an awesome project (my warhound) and then getting things for my regular army that I "need" to get done to use in a future game.

Worst of all is working on something and having a great idea of how to use some of those extra bits I've been wanting to use. I think I have at least seven different projects going on right now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
buying some models just to paint up and convert for fun. i should of spent the money on my actual army......
I do this sometimes too, but am starting to get out of it. My worst habit though is allowing myself to be heckled into doing something stupid in the game, or getting pissed off about a terrible round and then getting stupid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Taking 2 months to paint one squad for my army. They maybe the best squad I've ever painted, but at this rate I should have finished my 2500pt army in... 2012AD

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
getting the rules mixed up with a different edition my brain is just too full of different game systems and their editions that i'm bound to get them mixed up usually costing me the game.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Forget to move something, forget to shoot something, forget that i have some equipment or habilities
[sarcasm] thanx god i get rid of options on the DA's new codex [/sarcasm]

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
mine would be missing a phases like moving and then going straight to charging and combat.

·
Registered
438 Posts
rolling too many ones!

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is a true story, happened to me last thursday.

I was playing my friends DA with my Eldar. I had a unit of 10 Pathfinders shooting against his weakened unit of 3 Devastators. First roll i got 4 5's and 6 6's. this was uber luck as all were now ap1 shots. so i roll to wound, and 3 1's 4 2's and 3 3's.

I... Was... Pissed...

i hate when that happens with my pathfinders though, and it happens all the time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have an annoying habit of starting to paint a model, then forgetting to finish it. And forgetting bits of models can also be a pain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Constantly thinking about how I would paint, how I would deploy, what army list or tactics I would use all for armies I will almost certainly never use in the near future while all those points need some serious re-thinking for the army I do play

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
it may sound a bit odd but sometimes i get some models, trim, build and spray them , then not have the willpower to paint them

·
Registered
883 Posts
Quite a few for me. My dark reaper exarch has not once hit with both of his shots, then often fails wounding on a 2+ for the one shot that /does/ hit. Forgetting to take the rerolling to hit /and/ to wound rolls with my guided dark reapers on a doomed enemy squad, learning eveybody's rules, much to their annoyance. Buying too much and not having the time to paint it, buying stuff I don't actually need, but it's a bargain, so I may as well....list goes on but I'm tired of writing about my faults and bad luck...It's depressing me.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm not sure if it's a bad habit or not, but I get annoyed whenever someone insists on a reroll of a dice that rolls off the table and lands on the floor, even if it's plainly clear what result it landed on.

Why is that? Does the floor possess magical properties that can alter potential dice results? It just bugs me, because people only seem to insist on a reroll when they get a bad result/I get a good result. It's accepted cheating. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Mine would be dropping my models on to other peoples and brakeing both!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts