Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

How Close Are You Your Significant Others Siblings

• They are my best friend(s). They introduced me to my significant other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We do everything together. They are the sibling(s) I never had.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • We hang out occasionally going to the movies as a group or doing other activities.

• I see them at larger family functions but we do not go out of our way to get together.

• I am ambivalent toward my significant others siblings.

• There is no love lost between us but I can hold a genuine conversation with them.

• I don't really like them because they are generally of an ill nature whenever I meet them.

• I absolutely hate them. They are worthless and I do everything I can to avoid being around them.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I'm above it all and do not care?

• What does ambivalent mean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in a relationship how close are you to your significant others siblings? Are they your best friends, acquaintances or enemies?

I was thinking about this today as my friends wife was talking about how close she is to his sister. It made me think about all those people who I hear have such a hard time with the siblings of their significant other.

Some bonus questions: how close are you to your own siblings? And how close are they to your significant other?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm divorced from my wife, but when we were married I HATED her family. There wasn't a single person in her family that I actually liked to be honest. I will admit that my opinion was tainted because when I met her grand parents the first time, found them to be some very racist people. So I think that may have tainted my expectations of the rest of her family. But, in all fairness, they are all horrible people.
My family tolerated my ex because I was married to her. Everyone played nice. Soon as I announced the divorce it was a chorus of "Hated that bitch" from everyone. My sister (only sibling I have and she's older) was never really a part of my life. Between her moving or me moving for military, our relationship was just not there. Over the last few years we've gotten better and now have a good relationship. I'ts kind of cooled off though since I told her her husband is a piece of shit. Oh well.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
My wife is an only child.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Magpie is a wise man.
I am recently divorced. Although I maintain civility as best I can. My wife was one of 8 kids. 4 boys and 4 girls.
Eldest boy is a waste of matter. Should be used in a nuclear reactor to provide energy, although his wife and kids are fine.
Eldest daughter is the best of the family. Supported me through the whole thing as she knew my wife was in the wrong.
Youngest sister- see eldest sister to a lesser extent. Has had some difficult times but seems to have got it all together. Regularly castigates my ex wife for her failings.
Middle sister died of hiv after being a tramp and killed her husband with it leaving her two children orphaned. No prizes for guessing how I feel about that.
Middle brother. Champ, nuff said.
Younger middle brother, damn hard worker, no problems here.
Youngest brother. I am a bit conflicted about this one. I had issues with him for a long time as I thought he was a total no hoper. Especially after he gave my wife a black eye. Found out later that he did it because she was cheating on me. I would never have done it myself but I sort of appreciated that a bit. Especially after I mistakenly backed my wife and had him thrown in the lockup.
Their parents have always been good to me and have been good to me through the divorce. They know my wife screwed it up.
Some of the extended family should be listed for the same treatment as the eldest brother.
Quite a mixed bag really........

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
See all the fun I'm missing out on ? :crazy:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I think it comes from selecting a wife that is not broken. I got that bit wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts