Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've seen favourite units done but what about those units that the club/GW shop you go to recognises you by. This can range from a unit combo or group to just your individual character that just owns everything.

Lets get the ball rolling: Mine is my shoota boyz Nob. He seems to survive till the end even though his entire squad has been killed and he usually kills lots of stuff in return. He always seems to survive longer than my warboss and he kills more stuff.

Other than him it would have to be my scratch built tanks, I take those out and everyone knows they are mine.

So what is yours?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
My signature units are probably my Deff Dredds, but I really like using the AOBR Warboss, especially when it comes to hunting tanks.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Ever since I bought a Defiler, I have played it in every single game, without fail. Does the job most of the time as well, with him either being killed early on, or killing early on.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i'm well know for my hatrid of anything not a Rhino or Drop pod as only 1 out of my 6 armys has any tank with an AV of 12+.

Eldar - Lots of Wraithguard and only walkers
Tyranid - Nuff said
Space Marines - Nothing but Drop pods and Dreadnoughts armour wise
Chaos - Only Rhinos
Blood Angles MkI - Jump packs. No armour other than Libby Dreads
Blood Angels MkII - Landraider armys so only armoured force

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
with my guard its my pair of hydras, i always field em, and with my CSM its my squad of zerkers with Kharn in a pimped out land raider

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Although I currently don't play yet due to the fact I'm still putting my armies together, once I do start I can see my outflanking Hellhound/Banewolf being my signature unit. Just for those who don't know the guard codex that well, Creed lets you bestow the scout USR on one unit in your army, which in my case will be my Hellhound, and the scout USR lets you outflank.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
pair of defilers so they only get half of the normal damage coming at them and they survive longer.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I have played few games but everyone at my games shop recognises my bits build warhound. My defiler with the big tits is probably next.
In battles it would be my balrog dp. Known for the fact that he rolled all 1's to hit and then all 1's for saves in the return round and died a messy and innefective death.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Wait is this signature unit; rule-wise (unique model/gear/squad combination) or model-wise (eg: a uniquely converted model).

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wait is this signature unit; rule-wise (unique model/gear/squad combination) or model-wise (eg: a uniquely converted model).
Both! :)

For me, it has to be that one Skull Champion. It has survived 2 turns in one go with a full barrage of ordnance from a battlecannon, a manticore, and a mass of Guardsmen.

Only to be taken out by 2 vendettas, the last lascannon nfinally takign him down before he got into their lines T_T

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Two squads of 10 Dire Avengers with Eldrad and a Farseer, in matching Wave Serpents.

They are in every single Eldar army I have ever built.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Probably the 30 Assault marines I always take in my Blood Angel lists, even 1000pts battles. Other than that people will recognize my army by the converted Sanguinius that i like to use very often.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mine has to be my ig vets with camo-cloaks and 3 sniper rifles

mainly because they pin EVERYTHING! and i used a good lot of wood elf glade guard bits to make them :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
For me, it has to be that one Skull Champion. It has survived 2 turns in one go with a full barrage of ordnance from a battlecannon, a manticore, and a mass of Guardsmen. Only to be taken out by 2 vendettas, the last lascannon nfinally takign him down before he got into their lines T_T
This must be Kharn before he became the Famous Betrayer, lmao,:laugh:

Mine Eldar it has to be the 10 (WO)men strong Banshee unit led by Eldrad, doom the enemy unit and BAM, they win every time.

My Chaos however would have to be my most awsomness converted Emperors 'Chump'ion, who is now a Khorne lord with a big two-handed Deamon weapon :crazy:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My good old grots. Don't leave home without them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has to be my single unit of obliterators.

In edition 3.5, one oblit survived 3 turns of shooting from about 1000points of guard.

He is now officially nicknamed "The Indestructible"

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Crisis Suits. They kick arse EVERY single time.:grin:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts