Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fortunate in that I have a wife that shares my hobbies, so I get to have my workstation in the livingroom, behind the couch so I can "watch" movies/ TV while working on minis.

So what does YOUR workstation look like?

·
Banned
135 Posts
You lucky bastard! My workstation is like ... the part of my mouse pad that I don't need, plus 6 precariously stacked bead sorting boxes full of minis and paints that is occupying one cramped corner of my computer desk. The current project sits on top of the last box. Sometimes a small bit will fall down under the desk and into The Abyss of Bitz from which no bit has ever returned. And when I'm not sitting at the desk I have to move the chair away from it so the cat can't jump on the chair and bat the minis off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have my own room, buahahaha! We live in miltary housing, and all these places have a random room between the livingroom and bedroom that serves no discernable purpose, so it's my dork lair. I have my computer in one corner, and several desks around the room with all my stuff so I can roll about on my chair... I'll go get some pictures so you can understand the glory that is dedicated workspace!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I don't really have a workstation these days. The store here allows us to loiter (and paint, for that matter) quite extensively-- they like having the regulars, particularly of the GW persuasion, around. So we chill, paint in the store, keep it relatively neat, and people who are walking through looking for implements for drinking games see the models coming together and are like, hey, cool. Occasionally, the best of us get commissions from role-players and the like for single models. I had a woman offer me 40 bucks the other day for a Reaper Models elf paladin. I was kinda stoked about that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I too have a wife who supports my hobbies.
Infact, She is building an Ork army as we speak.
This means i only get half of my workstation though.
Dont get me wrong, it's a happy compromise i think.
Will get some pics up a little bit later.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
This is gonna take more than one pic as well, as it's spread all over what is currently my son's bedroom...

As you can see... it's a wreck. We both have our hands in too many projects...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
As I have just managed to finally put a cabinet to put my minis in I thought I would add to this thread...

·
Darth Druchii
1,574 Posts
Aye mine is in the front room as well :)

Same advantage as others here that my wife supports the hobby, well she also plays, heck even posts here on Heresy as LVix, so aye we paint pretty much in the front room.

Will dig out some pics tomorrow as I have two days off. Woot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heres mine we have a back apartment that is under our land llords place so i have a whole room and table

·
Registered
583 Posts
if my eyes serve me correctly, i see servent of the shard in kuffy;s post!

but sure as hell beats my paint station... a corner of my bed that i put a 1x12 on my lap/bed to hold my random things...

or i head to my friend's, sit in his garage with a 2 foot by 2 foot chunk of glass on my lap XD

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
koppo, that guy near the botom looks lonely. :laugh:

My workstation is the interior of half a basalisk box.

I have a table in my room, but it is quite small, and literaly is only just big enughf to fit all of my minis on it, (About 3ftX3ft, and I play guard soooooooo...) at this rate I'm going to need box's for chritmass. The annoying thing is I just got this plastic box to keep my vihicles in, and it was the right size, or would have been if all of my leman russ's didnt have big antenae on them because the look cool. Blarg.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Some pics of my 'work' stations.
First a large horizontal surface shared with the missus, always covered in stuff.

No.2, a smaller bench for finer work and painting (also this room does double duty as a dark-room).

This bench is for the 'heavy' metal work (presently devoted to bathroom taps). I have two feet of another countertop that is even more cluttered than the rest which has shown up as background in some of my WIP shots.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts