Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Eldar: Having a carnifex assault my unit of 6 rangers, only to be locked for 2 turns, eventually being knocked on it's buttocks.
Wolves: JotWW lining up and killing 3 carnifexes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
3 Scout Bikers blowing up a Vindicator in close combat. An amazing moment. Of course they got killed the next turn (by a Land Raider none the less) but still.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
one time I had an incredibly epic 2 on 2 battle, 1500 points each game, White scars and Tzeentch versus Greenskinz and Sleenesh. gotta tell you, those noise marines put up a hell of a fight.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
For me, it has to be when playing an Apocalypse game with my Eldar against a Space Marine player who gobbed off something royal about what his Land Raider Redeemer and the five Red Scorpion terminators enclosed within were going to do to me.

He grossly underestimated a squad of six basic Fire Dragons who managed to blow the Land Raider to pieces AND then charged in and took down two of the Terminators in close combat, before being wiped out.

The look on his face when all the dice rolls went against him was something to savour. Especially bearing in mind the way he'd bigged up that mega-point unit in advance...

·
Registered
502 Posts
We played a 2 on 2 semi-Apocalypse game today (I say semi since we didn't really have the points. Total was 3000 per side, roughly half per player).

My Leman Russ survived 5 turns of nothing but Dark Lance spam (is that right? The Dark Eldar Lascannon style things) with nothing worse than getting knocked immobile (first turn) or stunned (every other turn).

Okay it didn't do too much in the game, and my Manticore got wasted on the first turn by yet more Dark Lances... but it was satisfying :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
When my two defilers marched into the face of a Tau army, and personally ripped off Shadow Sun's mechanised face - thus tabling him 11 - 2 in Annihilation.

That game, everything came together so perfectly, losing 2 Rhinos to the Railguns, but ultimately crushing them, with the true force of Khorne!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Have to bump this because of an awesome moment today - My Imperial Guard Commander and a Primaris Psyker took down the Master of the Deathwing in CLOSE COMBAT.

I did a little jig I have to admit. Lost the game though, 2-1 :cray:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Recently: Baron Sathonyx with a disabled shadowfield and one wound managing to survive an entire army's worth of firepower to the face with only a cover save and Feel No Pain. About 30 saves, not a single wound.

Ages ago: When I first got back into 40k and I played a snotty Nid player who said "Mind War is terrible, never take it" and whose carnifex promptly rolled a 1 to my 6. B-damf. Dead nid.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ages ago: Annoying GW 12yr old yapping on about how my IG suck and could never take on his SM etc etc.
So I gave him a game, as expected his 30 or so marines fully tooled up with every shiny thing you can put on a unit in a 1000 put game down, in response I put down my IG gun line - 100 models, first turn he packs up and leaves.

·
Registered
594 Posts
2k, Ultramarines vs my CSMs.

He had 2 Land Raiders (Standard and Redeemer), 10 Terminators and Termy Librarian in the Raiders, 2 Predators, 2 Ironclad dreads, 2x5 tac squads in Lasplas Razorbacks.

Held my entire army in reserve, he rolls forward to just past midfield.

Turn 2, my Oblits, Termicide, and Daemon Princes rain from the sky, destroying him with Multiple Simultaneous Devastating Defensive Deep Strikes.

Turn 3 my Plague Marines roll in from the board edge and mop up.

Turn 4, his Terminators hide in the Redeemer (Immobilized with no weapons), with all exits blocked, as 10 Meltaguns blast it and wiff. Killed them all turn 5 though.

Final Score: 10-1 KPs.

Suck it, Rowboat Girlyman.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
((Imperial Guard)) 2 Necron Wraiths 1 turn away from assaulting my Company Command Squad holding Creed & Kell, 2 Plasma Vets and a Vox Operator Vet.

Twin hot shot las pistols from Creed fail to wound, both Plasmas miss, Vox Operator fires 2 Lasgun shots, both hit, both wound, both saves failed, both WBB failed.

Pure, Epic.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The best for me was my Emperor's Champion taking out 5 Burna Boys and Ghazakathrull (however you spell that). I must have made a dozen successful invul saves but he lived and they didn't.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
Wiping out 50 Imperial Guard conscripts along with their commisar with nothing but a Kroot Shaper on his last wound. (Who had previously miraculously passed 7 of 9 of his 6+ armor saves.)

I'm not even joking.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
First time I ever used kharn. He killed the following. DP,3 oblits,9man squad of tsons and a rhino. No problems with getting his points back.
Other epic moment. When i finished painting my assembled csm's and guard.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
When my squad of Dark Angels Assault marines with Interrogator-Chaplain took out two squads of ork boys and one squad of lootas in one game getting the charge only once on the lootas. Needless to say everyone was surprised as hell at that.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
When my first five Grey Knights ass raped all the Orks (not the deff coptas) in the AoBR box...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I would have to say my moment would be the game I played at a tournament last year. I ended up playing an Ultramarine's guy with my Chaos. Tabled him in about 5 turns, while only losing 3 models throughout the entire game :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ever since their new codex came out, I get a burst of pure joy every time I beat a damn Imperial Guard army. I can't believe how powerful they made those bastards (although it probably won't be as bad when the new Daemonhunters codex comes out and they finally get rid of allies/induction for good).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Every time I win/tie a game I would have lost because a lone plague marine manages to contest an objective and survive til the end, no matter what the enemy throws at it. Thanks Papa Nurgle :)

This happens at least every couple of months and brings joy to my heart every time.

Every time a rhino tank shocks something expensive, breaks it, and chases it off the board. I love rhinos.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
the look on my opponents face when he underestimated fiends of slaanesh and had to take 30+ attacks all on his lone librarian... that was funny to watch

21 - 40 of 46 Posts