Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
When my terminators advance through a firestorm, and eat the face of the opposing army.

either that or when my Daemon Prince single handedly carries the game.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
My most satisfying moment was when a squad of 5 SoB took out a terminator assault squad in CC...... Woot!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The look of pure terror in my opponents face when my 3 Land Raiders pull up and all my Berzerkers charge out while I scream BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! And then proceed to harvest tiny plastic and pewter skulls for Khorne. Warms my black heart everytime! :victory:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
When I took this picture.

I realized I had at least 1,500+ points fully painted and based. After 20+ years playing, collecting and painting 40k stuff I can say I have a fully painted army... sort of. (Still have a ton of stuff to finish.)

Game wise moment was against some IG and a crap load of leman russ'. One 'zerker squad (with a champ equipped with melta bombs) took out a squadron of three of them in three turns. All this was going on while my Land Raiders ate three others. It was sexy to watch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
mine would have to be when my Mawlock came from underground and ate and entire squad of plauge marines, there was like 10-12 of them. you should of seem my opponents face when he rolled all those 1's and 2's... I laughed my but off.....

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Having a 5-man Assault Squad assault my 5 man brood of standard-issue Warriors, and coming out victorious.

That, and my Hierophant carving through a solid line of Baneblades and Leman Russes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine was when I was having really bad luck against an IG player and he had 3 Leman Russes (not a squadron) who I had only managed to immobilize so far. Well since he decided to put them all so close together and seeing as I had another squad of Assault Marines in reserve i decided to deep strike right behind them but scattered beside) and I managed to take down 1 with the meltagun. Now as his turn come around his army decides to open fire on me (well the 2 russes that were still alive) leaving only the meltagun left. Now he though it seemed fit to jump right in betwen the and popped one with his meltagun. now since he was right next to it any templates wouldn't work against him because they would touch the last Russ which left only 1 sqaud of Gaurdsment o shoot at him and he managed to survive. Now he had 1 more Russ to go and he rolled so well that it blew up taking him with it!!! Most heartwarming moment ever :so_happy:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
watching a tau commander and battlesuit bodyguard get dragged down by a mob of chaos mutants. I think the entire squad cost less than a single model in his unit.

Bad scatter rolls for 3 independant leman russ' firing on my enemies part. End result was 29 dead mutants, 5 havoks, 3 csm on my side of the table. 6 stealth suits, 26 imperial guardsmen, 7 assault marines and a dreadnought on his. We had already decided that certain terrain features could explode if his by a blast/flame/ordinance attack or if targetted on purpose. One of the rounds landed in the terrain and set off a chain reaction devestating the whole side of the battlefield. So cinematic.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A moment that will be etched in my mind for a long time is when I took 2nd place in what could be called one of Norway's most prestigous tournaments (at least those of us living here in the south). That day was a glorious one, and the praises to the Gods of Chaos was endless. It made it even better that my two best friends managed first and third (although there was an error with *shudder* softscores that bumped him down to fourth.)

Glory to Chaos!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
First game after taking a 3 year hiatus to rebuild my army (hadn't won a game in 2 years). Tabled a tau, and a ultra marine player by the 4th turn in the same day of gaming. Ah found memories, can't believe it took me that long to find my niche.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Using Marbo. Win or lose, it's just awesome when Marbo pulls a "he's behind you" and blows up your termies, meganobz, broadsides, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
my best moment had to be when my brother finaly beat my space marines army with his tyranid. granted it was a close game, but he came out top. he was so happy that he finaly beat me. he was jumping up and down as his genestealers cut a bloody swath through my tact squads and (after three turns) my chaplain.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
For me, it's probably a 1000 point game me and a mate had, my Iron Snake marines vs his orks, I didn't lose a single model but he lost all but his warboss+nobz retinue before calling it quits :D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Some of my fave times was after finaly fishing my conversion of a Chaos lord on juggernaught and play testing him, my opoent said "thats a really stupid way to play him as he needs to be on foot with a rhino transport". Later on in the game i had him and 2 zerekrs left when his Vanguard Vets called a heroic intervention and arrived 3" infrount of me. they carge and then the guy ripped his hiar out as the lord just sneezed and killed all of them without them even gettign to attack *LOL*

Another would be my list of Cpawn victims that i have in my sig. I beat you can tell me who my fave kill was? :victory:

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Having a 20 man unit of demonettes of slannesh deepstrike within range of an inquisitor with mystics and a unit of grey knights with two incinerators.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
With my space marines: Killing Typhus with my Honor Guard in a single turn, then consolidating, assaulting the next turn and slaughtering two Obliderators in the same amount of time.

With my Eldar: Killing a 10-man unit of Tactical Marines in one salvo of Dark Reaper fire.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts