Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Favorite has to be vampire counts. I just love all the fluff (minus carsteins) all the minis (Minus the new ones) and love how they have special abilities (Minus the carsteins) sadly the new army book is...........Nothing but von carsteins :angry: They could of just called them Vampire Counts Undivided. So now, I field necrarch vampire models, with the old vampire counts skeletons, and lastly i liked the old VC ghouls. Why does GW hate me? They screw necrons, and take all my favorite VC models away. (I hate dracula, and those kinds of vampires from legends if you didn't realize it) Now my favorite army is pretty much skaven Clan Skyre. Hope they don't get screwed in the new codex :angry:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I Like the Dwarfs. I don't quite know why, I just have always liked dwarfs in any fantasy setting. I guess it's because I like their sense of honor, how they honor oaths, and that they are the best craftsmen.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Lizzies. Awesome fluff. Awesome models that can be painted a TON of different ways. Very fun to play. And other such stuff.

But then, Lizzies are the only army I've ever played.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kislev. Polish Winged Hussars in Warhammer. Now if they just had cannons, kossars more like Zaporozhe (who were famous for their musketry), and Pancerni we might have enough to be viable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
has to be any of the followers of the plauge farther for me, all the rot , pus and puke leads to so many sweet painting and moddling oppertuinties. Also the fluff for nurgle himself is really good showing his care and love for all his creations and followers :puke::puke::puke:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Skaven... particularly Clans Eshin and Skryre.

you just can't beat the thought of stealthy Rat Assassins skulking in the shadows... except maybe with the image of insane Rat-Engineers welding a load of apparently useless junk together haphazardly...only to whack a chunk of warpstone in it and see it blast half of yours (or their own) army to pieces!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Daemons Of Chaos. The Orginal Followers of the Chaos Gods, each one purely desgined to killl in a different way, but also the 4 totally different personnalities of the Gods.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Chaos was and is my favorite. I picked them up for their variability, their look, and their total fluff, but now much of that is lost. I still think of the three armies as one, and occasionally get to play with the new books with the old-style combos via house rules.

If I had to pick one of them though, it would be Beastmen (and skaven, too; they count). I <3 the children of chaos. That said, I don't have enough Beastmen. Time to scrounge around for some cash :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dwarfs. They're outnumbered at nearly every opportunity but they aren't going to stop until either they're dead or the enemy's dead. They never back down and they do everything all the way, 100%.

Also, they're strong allies with my second favorite team, the Empire. Regular humans holding off wicked forces from nearly every direction, with only Dwarfs and the occasional elf as their only allies? Not too shabby.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm of the same mind as Zorenthewise, Dwarfs have always been an affinity with me... They are hard working, labourous, greedy [okay, not greedy, just like gold... Alot], Stern, tough, resilient and Stubborn! Reminds me of me... hehehe.

Also they have alot of amazing background and they remind me of Norsemen... just shorter... Dwarf Vikings make sense!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to say Skaven and Lizardmen are my favorites. the Gutter Runners and Grey Seers are just fantastic. The lizardmen just have the absolute best fluff, while being a strong force both in magic and combat.

·
Registered
887 Posts
black orcs because the smart orcs have the knoledge of an idiotic human plus they have the simple logic of its there its in my way ill move it while im drunk

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
has to be empire. the bit about that drunk bloke in the new skaven book is ace.
elves have nice fluff, though they arnt as down to earth as dwarves

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like Empire a lot just for the sheer number of options u get when building you army. And if u haven't noticed i really like building armylists a lot! Next to that the fluff also gives so much opportunities to customize them to your own end. Nothing is more fun than having this lovely themed armylist that is still competitive.

Besides Empire I also love the High Elves. The fluff around them is very interesting, and its funny to think that they were so strong once and have caused their own doom (in a way). IMO High Elves also have very neat looking models and its quite the challenge to build an overall competitive armylist without getting al cheesy with dragons and all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmmm High Elves! They have the most epic sounding fluff around. When crap goes down the fate of the world is at stake not just the fate of one race.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ogres hands down. The ogres size wise are huge but they are really considered an underdog or bad army I like to watch ppl smirk as I set up and then whine as they lose

·
Registered
232 Posts
This thread will just be people talking about their own army as I will now demonstrate :)
I picked dwarfs as they have a really nice amount of lore when you look into it. They are a strong army to play.
And who doesn't like the idea of battle hardened warriors spending half their time drinking?

·
Registered
266 Posts
This thread will just be people talking about their own army as I will now demonstrate :)
Well the thread is about your favorite army. And lets face it, your most favourite army would probably be the army you play. If your not playing your favourite army (among others) I would declare you insane :laugh:

41 - 60 of 90 Posts