Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I'd have to say Dwarfes respectivley. Even though I'm an Empire/ Chaos player in Warhammer, I just think their codex has a lot of cool options to mix and surprise oponents.
Almost every other army has a unit/s or character/s your not particularly afraid of. If its because they just really arn't good or just not big in number. But almost every single unit in a dwarf army is kind of scary. Even their hand gunners can be fricken awesome. Man... I don't want to get a dwarf army... but i must.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ive switched from the incredrebly homosexual high elves to the dark elves with the ultimate mommas boy for their leader, then to wood elves. so i decided for a change and read alot about the lizard men and fluff wise i would have to say they are my fav.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've always had a place in my heart for the men of Norsca. I mean there just living their normal lives when WHAM a huge Chaos invasion happens and their world is turned upside down as they fight for their gods. Not to mention Vikings kick all kinds of ass. :p

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
ive switched from the incredrebly homosexual high elves to the dark elves with the ultimate mommas boy for their leader, then to wood elves. so i decided for a change and read alot about the lizard men and fluff wise i would have to say they are my fav.
I don't like to put down the high elves for all you high elves players out there. but idk it just seems like elves dont look very manly. I do like the white lion though. Its the one respectable unit so i bought the models. I guess its all opinion though.
Woodelves look alright but I use all the chick models, because the dudes look lame (again my opinion). So its an all chick army.:so_happy:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I probably have 2 first the lizard men who own most of an entire continent and are the only people to succesfully invade the dark elf capitol. Then it would have to be empire specificly warrior priests there is something realy realy appealing about guys with HUGE warhammers bashing stuff:grin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lizardmen. Like comon they are walking talking thinking dinosaurs they're evrykids dream. Ever since i saw my friends army 5 yeaars ago i loved them ( it might have been the fact that i was 8 at the time). They can also destroy whole races if they felt like it!:laugh:

·
Registered
108 Posts
as my Name Suggests my favourite army is the Vampire counts, People have never said one single models looks good on its own, but rather the Huge United look my army has when its all side by side, After skimming through skaven, empire, bretonnia and lizardmen, I found the Vamprie counts Book, I instantly Loved what I saw and have collected them ever since, (BLOOD KNIGHTS RULE FTW!!)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Empire, without a doubt, Empire.
Just something about the completly mediocre humans having to hold back all comers, even the "chivalrous" Brettonians that should be their friends and neighbors. Why doesn everyone have a hard on for destroying the Empire? Because noone likes an underdog that can still win. Should the empire stand a chance against any one of the other races, Kislev excluded? Hells no! Yet they still remain due to the stubborn tenacity of your everyday common farm hand, given a sword and willing to die for his country!
Plus I love the Renasance, Germanic flavor!

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
The Empire, no doubt. Usually I side with the bad guys when collecting armies, but then there's the Empire. I love the looks of the figures, the technology they bring to the field, and well the general "underdog" feeling I get when I see them. I started out with the Empire when the Halberdiers where fat and you got 8 in a box. It was an expensive army back then, and my goal was to own the War Wagon! I've come full circle and have started to collect them again. It's nice to paint human flesh again LOL Fluff wise, their stories are great! Warrior Priests are just soooooo cool!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I really love Warriors of Chaos. They're really good at the moment in tabletop, and the fluff is pretty cool.

Fluffwise, I have to say I like Dwarves probably the best, followed by the Empire. Dwarves because they're stunty badasses, and the Empire because its humanity holding out against the evils of everything else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's so hard to pick. I like the Empire their story is great but the clothes kill me. The more I read about the Dwarves the more I like them they have an Gigantic loathing for anyone that wrongs them. I really like the Bretonnians I mean it's knights, it's chivalry, it's honor, plus they are the homeland of Warhammers Arthur.
Realistically I think my fav is the Wood Elves. They were like look we don't like you because you have never helped us, and we don't want to fight them, they have never helped nor harmed us. We are going to the wood now kkthxbye. Then they ally with the woods and might kill you for entering them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
my fav armies fluff wise are dwarfs, wood elves and vampire counts all for various reasons, but for me it always has been and always will be the empire
these guys are holding off attacks for every side and from within and yet they haven't been wiped out yet even though they are simple and not particularly powerful, also the depth of the background from the simple minded peasants to the bright wizards from the fuming towers in altdorf, it all has its place and awsomeness

·
Registered
47 Posts
My fav armies luff wise are Chaos dwarfs, Evil dwarfs with cavarly get in....
And Vampire Counts because i love vampires except those twilight lovers

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Favorite: Dark Elves, started there, still going
Current main army: Lizards, they're new, I like learning new stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You know if you think about it, the only way the Empire could have held out this long is if they had a constant supply of fresh troops. Fresh troops mean they were children at one point, which just goes to prove....

Empire guys might look gay, but they get laid a lot!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
For me it would between Warriors of Chaos, Skaven and Vampire Counts, I find the evil races alot more fun thean the good ones. Also the more crazed mutants in the army, the better :good:

All of them are dark and have there own unique style. They all have great fluff too.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Easy.....Demons of Chaos! i have a bunch of demonettes having an orgy well ripping the enemy to shreds, all to the back ground of my Flamers telling horribly jokes well my horror's run around dancing and lighting stuff on fire.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dark Elves, followed by Warriors of Chaos.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts