Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has been your favourite moment in 40k? It can be anything from a piece of artwork you saw years ago to your most recent victory.

Mine would have to be the two-part armagedon battle report. Can't remember to much about it, only that the models and theme (battlefield and backstory) were very impressive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As of now lol every thing is just a blast! im still a noob, and im just over thrilled with every thing from painting to reading up on other armys. Just non-stop fun every day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is a cool thread. My favorite moment was when i was playing my friend. He was space marines i was eldar. He shot down all my rangers and scorpians (we were playing a small game) he had six scouts and telion and 2 tac marines coming at me and all i had was a farseer (we were playing till one of us had no one left). some how i was able to keep a peice of terrain between my farseer and the scouts them i shot/mind warred the tac marines. The scout squad eventually caught me and engaged in close combat. Miraculosly my farseer came out ontop. I was some of the best luck i have ever had.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
mine has to be when before a game of third ed my space wolf opponent couldn't stop trash talking about how his landraider was going to make mincemeat of my chaos boys. I told him that if i achieved nothing else i wanted to make his landraider pay (or something along those lines). I won the first turn and with my first roll of the dice got a 6 to hit his LR with my lascannon armed oblitorator, followed by a 6 to penetrate and a 6 for damage. The model still has a tank hatch attatched to his base to this day.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
does this count the other day i was talking to a staff member about tau

me: so tau are cow?
him:no there space fish
me: but they dont have gills
him:when have you seen a blue cow?
me: touché
*another store guy comes along*
me: are tau cows or fish people
him:neither there space hippos
me: thats kind in the middle

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Funniest moment was when my and a friend were playing a new scenario where the winner has to kill his opponents leader. His leader (Abaddon) deep struck near my leader (Fuegan) to unleash flamer hell on his bodyguard. Unfortunately him and the 10 strong terminator bodyguard scattered directly on an immobilised wave serpent he shot in the 1st turn, grounding my avengers. A bad roll on the deep strike mishap saw him lose the entire squad.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
mines a 2500 point game against necron i army killed the enemy on the 4 turn and only lost 2 marines so thats 35 points. lol i also killed 3 monoliths and the nightbringer

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Making it to nationals in 'ard boyz was really nice. I was fairly humble and it was a big boost to my 40k confidence to know that I had the chops to make it that far. Massacreing my first opponent in the nationals without losing a single unit was also nice.

Otherwise it might be the first time I fielded my Orks. The only army I had when I got back into 40k since 3rd edition was a Tau army that I had been given. I did my best but got whooped basically every time at the store, or had to struggle hard for a minor victory. Then I finally got my hands on some Orks, the army I actually wanted to play, and the same armies I was struggling against before I was now steamrolling. Then 'ard boyz prelims a few months later and I went from store whipping boy to local champion. Good times.:biggrin:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was playing a friend, my undivided army against his orks. Everything was going down for me and just the plague champ was left alive after a few rounds of fire. As everything was about to end I charged a mob of 13 orks with the plague champ. He killed 4 of them and then in the counter he recieved 9 wounds, saved 4 and then went with 5 Fell no Pain saves. Morale check time, a 11 and then he hunted down the remaining 9 orks. After that, I learned to respect the Death Guard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine has too be the battle in which my scout refused too die. i played space wolves vs imperial guard and i was getting trashed. i only had one unit scouts left and a vendetta, leman russ demolisher and a full guard squad with lasscannon oppend fire. i went too the ground and everybody died too the vendetta except my heavy bolter wielder scout who lived. next was the leman russ a demoliser cannon and 3 lascannon shots later he still lived theen the guard squad yep you guessed it he lived and finally there was a heavy bolter on the vendatta he forgot too fire so i let him off and tak the shot which killed him. now he is my objective as a statue and when ever i play that imperial guard player he still curesess my scout ahh good times.

·
Registered
494 Posts
One of my favorite moments in 4th edition is when me and my friend were playing against four other people. one of the was a complete cheater (krak grenades blowing up a land raider my ass) the other three didn't even have their own army. the points was completely unbalanced to the cheater's favour. Turn 4 me and my friend decided to fuck it and go out in a bang. Two squads: my five man terminator squad with a CML and my friends 6 man terminator squad (one chaplin, one CML and one assault cannon) We killed nearly everything around us.

yeah we lost but that has gotta be one of the best moments in my gaming history. Laughing in the face of defeat and giving a giant middle finger to the cheater. :p

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ummm krak genades are strengh 6 he would of needed an 8 you sure he wasnt thinking of melta bombs?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
best moment for me would have to be my most recent game, playing orks

my opponent had a big mek and 4 nobs in cc with an armoured sentinel of mine.
since it was the last turn and they'd been there for 2-3 turns i mobed his nobs with 35 bog standard guardsmen (3 infantry squads and a platoon command squad) :D

i got to attack first since orks are I2 so that was 73 str 3 attacks

i won but it still came down to the last unsaved wound on the mek

was a big moment for me :D

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Me vs Ork Player. A squad of nobz with a warboss were just not dying, wounds kept getting shared aroound like candy. Came down to all had one left each. I was quite annoyed by this time, as they just werent dying! GRRR!! ARGH!!!

Incomes Gabriel Seth ------------->>>>> DEATH TO ALL XENO'S!!!!

Whirlwind of Gore....... ALL 5 Nobz and the Warboss Died instantly

Heh!

Epic moment for Gabriel Seth and the Blood Angels as a whole

SGMAlice

·
Registered
252 Posts
It turned out to be the last Second Edition 40K game I ever played.

It was my generic Space Marines against my buddy's Eldar. He'd recently acquired a titan from Forge World and was fielding it against me. The game began and he went first, advancing his force across the table. He laid waste to a lot of marines, it being a mostly infantry army.

When my turn came, I had only one heavy weapon remaining. It was a lone space marine with a missile launcher. He was on an elevated position. My shooting phase began. He fired. It was the ultimate "Hail Mary" shot.

The missile struck the Eldar titan in the left shoulder. It penetrated the armor and hit an ammo magazine. The resulting explosion blew the entire titan into next Tuesday.

He conceded the game.

Then went home and threw his army in the trash.

(I'm not kidding.)

Fast forward a few years to a couple months ago. My first Apocalypse game. He (same opponent!) was playing Dark Angels and I had Black Templars. I got the initiative and took my turn. One of my assets was an orbital strike which, naturally, I aimed at his super heavy tank that was the centerpiece of his army. (It wasn't the template one, it was the one where you randomly choose a super heavy and that was the only one on the table.) The hit struck the tank and blew the main gun off. At the same time my army executed a pincer and the resulting assaults from my land raiders, along with shooting, claimed one of his Land Raiders, a Predator, a dreadnought and several marines.

He conceded the game at the end of my first turn.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It turned out to be the last Second Edition 40K game I ever played.

It was my generic Space Marines against my buddy's Eldar. He'd recently acquired a titan from Forge World and was fielding it against me. The game began and he went first, advancing his force across the table. He laid waste to a lot of marines, it being a mostly infantry army.

When my turn came, I had only one heavy weapon remaining. It was a lone space marine with a missile launcher. He was on an elevated position. My shooting phase began. He fired. It was the ultimate "Hail Mary" shot.

The missile struck the Eldar titan in the left shoulder. It penetrated the armor and hit an ammo magazine. The resulting explosion blew the entire titan into next Tuesday.

He conceded the game.

Then went home and threw his army in the trash.

(I'm not kidding.)

Fast forward a few years to a couple months ago. My first Apocalypse game. He (same opponent!) was playing Dark Angels and I had Black Templars. I got the initiative and took my turn. One of my assets was an orbital strike which, naturally, I aimed at his super heavy tank that was the centerpiece of his army. (It wasn't the template one, it was the one where you randomly choose a super heavy and that was the only one on the table.) The hit struck the tank and blew the main gun off. At the same time my army executed a pincer and the resulting assaults from my land raiders, along with shooting, claimed one of his Land Raiders, a Predator, a dreadnought and several marines.

He conceded the game at the end of my first turn.
That guy sounds ALOT like a quitter (in a sense where the going gets tough he quits like a little girl, meaning he will only play when he knows he will win, which means hes a douche), these kind of people shouldn't play games. EVER.

anyway.

My best moment would have been my first time I used the shokk attack gun on a big mek.

it was against tau and my apponent only had a single shas'o (I guess he ran out of points from his several broadsides/hammerhead to get a retinue) and i decided to target him.
I rolled two fives.
the mek is flung through the warp and right beside the shas'o
in the resulting assault phase (his shas'o was ALL shootie, very poor fighting ability) My mek beat the crap out of the shaso and killed him!

It was so funny to see that happen. in the next turn he had turned almost all his weaponry onto the mech (he was in cover thanks to the shaso) and he SURVIVED!.

After that i called a WAAGH! and my un-shot at troops(thankyoumek!) got into assault range

victory.

shokk attack gun. BEST. WEAPON. EVER

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Few months ago I bought the AoBR set and worked my butt off getting it painted and ready for when my son came here to visit last month for the entire month. He didnt know that I bought the game but we had talked about it a year ago. So, I had the orks and marines painted up plus the IG army that I bought for myself. Between painting sessions, I grilled myself over the rule book so I would be some what decently prepared (and read every rules forum posted on here) to play a game.
Well, when I called him down stairs I had the orks and sm's all set up on the table. When he seen them he flipped out! That was my very first 40k game and it was with my 9yr old son. We had a blast teasing each other as we played and it was an all out, pretty much perfect, father son moment.
On a side note, he did do pretty well. That kid can roll some 6's like no one I've ever seen! "Ok Collin, roll your save. You need 6's and you have to roll 10 of them". Yep, he'd roll 9 freaking 6's! Luckiest kid ever!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts