Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
from a pure painting / modelling point of view...

wfb - warlord queek headtaker [such a gloriously dynamic model, a joy to paint!]

40k - the sm terminator chaplain is lovely, but throw a rock and you'll hit some equally excellent fw models!

oh, and just for some old school flavour, i still have a soft spot for the old chaos android models from space crusade :grin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually my favourite units are
-Swarmlord awesome close combat unit expecially with guard, and by the way I like his look
-The Mask good chance to make your friends nuts by moving theyre own units and I like the model
-Stormlord and Shadowsword cuz of the models

·
Registered
268 Posts
This one is more for looks but i bought a daemon prince and cut the head off, put 1 carnifex head in and a whole bunch of other smaller heads like orks or even gaunts. Also i use green stuff to make it look like the 17 heads (i counted) stick out like snakes! I also custom-made theese oversised lightning claws and stuck them on with glue and green stuff so they look like bio-enhanced gauntlets! To finish this off i added theese freakin awsome dragon wings!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Vanguard Veterans, the codex version :p They were such an opportunity to create a truly iconic unit, which they succeded in to a point, sadly however they can cost the earth to run a single squad. alas.

My favorite model, is really old, the original noise marine guitar/quiff and all :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Genestealers, definitely. I don't even play Tyranids but I remember them being really scary back in 2nd Ed and the models just look so menacing. They're one of those iconic 40k units for me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Painting, In Game Ability & Fluff Wise - Avatar of Khaine

What is not to like about a living encarnation of a God with a molten body and a bad-ass sword. Not to forget requires a ton of fire power to bring down and when in CC, is hardly touched by anything. He wins in my books.

Shameless self promotion, you can see my Avatar here :D

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63947&highlight=avatar

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm going to have to go with the oldschool metal Bloodthirster model with the whip or the giant stone club. One of the main reasons i chose chaos when browsing my options. That and any CSM dreadnaught with the chaos CCW or the Hammer! Between those two i'm almost tied but i think that Blood Thirster has to take the boat on the model. Back when you could use it in a CSM list that is.

woog out!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have 2 I like allot right now-The Leman Russ and the Death Company
Great detail on DC and the LR looks nice spite less stuff on it :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
hmmm, im fond of new Forgeworld battlesuites, and the Emperors Chamion

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I really like the FW titan princeps and the valdor tank hunter. Oh, and the arvus lighter! No idea why, as it's rules are absolute crap. Just one of those things I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really like the FW titan princeps and the valdor tank hunter. Oh, and the arvus lighter! No idea why, as it's rules are absolute crap. Just one of those things I guess.
The Arvus is kind of supposed to suck, seeing as it's not a military craft :biggrin: It is however, adorable.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
ZUFOR
Outstanding model.
CSM demon prince. Beautiful model, just want to use the old codex rules with it though.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I'd have to say my favorite model/unit has always be the IG Autocannon heavy weapon team. I liked the old metal ones because they looked like WW2 naval anti-aircraft guns. I just never like the wheels, couldn't imagine forcing my poor Tallarns to drag the damn thing through the desert. I really like the new plastic ones 'cause they're just as awesome & the drum mags just look cool. In the game ACs are badass, high str & long range with 2 shots, better then Hvy Bolters any day. Fluffwise, come on, who doesn't want to fire a high caliber rapid fire cannon? Probably everyone except the guys that have to lug it around.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm quite fond of the OLD Emperor's champ model, as well as the Cypher model. Nifty and full of character, in my opinion. Aside from them, I'm also in love with the Death Korps grenadiers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Chimera by far! Such an amazing transport for its cost in the New IG Dex.
-Able to field 12 models inside,
-Fire 5 models from a secure port inside on the move;
-Decent armour; multi-purpose uses with upgrades
-Amphibious rule to drive straight through rivers.
-Extends Command/Platoon Commanders orders from Hull instead of model itself.

On top of it its aesthetically pleasing and can be easily modified to have any type of Modern APC look or old-style half-track layout.

<3 Chimera

21 - 40 of 45 Posts