Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe this kind of thread hasn't appeared yet but what is your favorite model/unit? This can be for any reason be it tactical, painting potential, fluff, etc.

Grey Hunters Pack w/ Wolf Guard - All in a rhino with MotW, meltagun, standard, combi-melta, and power fist. This squad is my go-to jack of all trades and they never let me down.

Bjorn - Invincible dread with a plasma cannon that hardly ever misses? YES PLEASE! Plus the fluff for him is really cool.

Kharn - One of the best heroes for his point cost. If only he had eternal warrior or T5 he would top my list.

I technically have a lot of "favorites" but these are some that immediately come to mind.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My favorite model out there is the Chaos Lord on the Juggernaught. Don't know why but I just love that model.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
The wolf guard terminator pack. So much you can do with them, I love it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The old school metal terminators are a big fave of mine:D.. plus in every game ive always had ether SM or Gk termies... they always win the day for me.

I like the old Lead SM dreads from the early/mid 90's lol, i still have one from 1995 in the box with all the parts untouched by any paint or glue at all :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
my old metal deathwing terminators.. i think there 3rd ed, but im not sure :3

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
My favorite unit is still is still my DC with chaplain attached. Back in the PDF codex I would only have 2-3 on the board, without the chaplain attached at this point, and they'd still wipe the floor with most things. 3 took out a carnifex, 2 zoanthropes, a hive tyrant and then died taking about 6 genestealers with them with the old codices.

I don't use them as much recently(tournament practicing at the moment) but in nearly every casual list I have they're in it.. they're crazier than berzerkers and more powerful it's great :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
my favorite unit in my space marine army is a squad of cc termies 2 lc 3 th/ss amd a termie chaplain in a land raider redeemer they're my favorite because they're the best painted in my army and becuase they always dominate in every game i play i laugh at my friends crissis suits (cough *aka cheef 3*)ther plasmas rarely beat my 3+ inv save

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I cant pick just one! SM's just arnt for me, but yet I'll see one painted and I love it that I want to go out and buy one just to attempt that paint job. But I do like the Leman Russ tank. Think that's one model that I'm looking forward the most to painting right now.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
the inquisitor in my avatar finsished painting him but haven't gotten to take any more pictures of him yet, but when i get back to NJ this post will be edited to show him.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just the dreadnought in general, so beast.(im here to destroy you) was awesome

·
Registered
80 Posts
Imperial Guard Company Commanders FTW! They are so awesum now, and they're such a customisable unit. You can practically make them however you want them.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The SM dread is pretty much what sold me on space marines, fluff wise and model wise. When I first started playing and couldn't afford one, i made my own out of some plastic robot toy.

I'm quite keen on termies too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I must say right now the new Legion of the Damned Sgt models have my interest. My Squad sqts from all eras. And the librarians and Chaplains. That is just the SM's. There is more. Mostly I like my models.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
I am a total sucker for the chaplain with a jump pack. I love the fluff of chaplains and I enjoy jumo infantry so its a winning combo for me.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Modal wise - The Metal Chaos Daemon Prince
Stats wise - The Swarmlord!
Unknown reason wise - Fire Dragons

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I am a total sucker for the chaplain with a jump pack. I love the fluff of chaplains and I enjoy jumo infantry so its a winning combo for me.
I fully agree. The Jump Chaplain doesn't just kick ass on the battlefield, he looks badass doing it.

Then there is the Macharius Heavy Tank with a vulcan mega-bolter. It's such a beautiful tank.

The Reaver Titan is also epic. So epic, in fact, that that is all I'll say about it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts