Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this kind of thread hasn't appeared yet but what is your favorite model/unit? This can be for any reason be it tactical, painting potential, fluff, etc.

Grey Hunters Pack w/ Wolf Guard - All in a rhino with MotW, meltagun, standard, combi-melta, and power fist. This squad is my go-to jack of all trades and they never let me down.

Bjorn - Invincible dread with a plasma cannon that hardly ever misses? YES PLEASE! Plus the fluff for him is really cool.

Kharn - One of the best heroes for his point cost. If only he had eternal warrior or T5 he would top my list.

I technically have a lot of "favorites" but these are some that immediately come to mind.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
The wolf guard terminator pack. So much you can do with them, I love it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The old school metal terminators are a big fave of mine:D.. plus in every game ive always had ether SM or Gk termies... they always win the day for me.

I like the old Lead SM dreads from the early/mid 90's lol, i still have one from 1995 in the box with all the parts untouched by any paint or glue at all :D

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
My favorite unit is still is still my DC with chaplain attached. Back in the PDF codex I would only have 2-3 on the board, without the chaplain attached at this point, and they'd still wipe the floor with most things. 3 took out a carnifex, 2 zoanthropes, a hive tyrant and then died taking about 6 genestealers with them with the old codices.

I don't use them as much recently(tournament practicing at the moment) but in nearly every casual list I have they're in it.. they're crazier than berzerkers and more powerful it's great :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
my favorite unit in my space marine army is a squad of cc termies 2 lc 3 th/ss amd a termie chaplain in a land raider redeemer they're my favorite because they're the best painted in my army and becuase they always dominate in every game i play i laugh at my friends crissis suits (cough *aka cheef 3*)ther plasmas rarely beat my 3+ inv save

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I cant pick just one! SM's just arnt for me, but yet I'll see one painted and I love it that I want to go out and buy one just to attempt that paint job. But I do like the Leman Russ tank. Think that's one model that I'm looking forward the most to painting right now.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The SM dread is pretty much what sold me on space marines, fluff wise and model wise. When I first started playing and couldn't afford one, i made my own out of some plastic robot toy.

I'm quite keen on termies too.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Modal wise - The Metal Chaos Daemon Prince
Stats wise - The Swarmlord!
Unknown reason wise - Fire Dragons

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I am a total sucker for the chaplain with a jump pack. I love the fluff of chaplains and I enjoy jumo infantry so its a winning combo for me.
I fully agree. The Jump Chaplain doesn't just kick ass on the battlefield, he looks badass doing it.

Then there is the Macharius Heavy Tank with a vulcan mega-bolter. It's such a beautiful tank.

The Reaver Titan is also epic. So epic, in fact, that that is all I'll say about it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.