Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading Dark Apostle and started wondering which CSM Legions that I would like to see fighting side by side.

Iron Warriors for their siege tactics, Night Lords to be the ambush/terror force, and lastly the Alpha Legion to quickly gain objectives.

Just wondering what your own opinions are? And let's leave the maximum number of legions at three, just so things don't get too crazy :grin:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
world eaters and death guard i can imagine a wall of plague marines followed by khorne beserks

blood for the blood god puke for the puke god

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the typical choice would be the Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch cocktail. Is it just me or do pink "warriors" with sonic weapons seem silly? (Sorry Slaanesh)

I prefer a mix and match style myself, if i had to pick a god myself id be shooting for Khorne
World Eaters
Iron Warriors
Black Legion
^that would be scary

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
my 3 would be,
Iron Warriors for the seige aspect but also the amount of fire power they can bring down upon an enemy.
World Eaters for their ferocious assaults, and would be used to assault the enemy after an Iron Warriors barrage.
Word bearers for the daemonancy, summoning daemons, to add to the assault.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine is:

Alpha Legion
Word Bearers
Death Guard

Infiltrating(Alpha) cultists to summon deamons(Word Bearers) and spread plague (Nurgle) on planets throughout a system. This would cause quite a bit of trouble to the imperium, with little effort expended on the part of the legions. They would pretty much have full strength just to attack anyone who came to stop it.

Of course, thanks to Nurgle, eventually when everything is dead, they don't have much footing. Imperium would eventually say to hell with it and start exploding planets. But with the Alpha legion, you never know where they could pop up again.

basically solid core (Death Guard) + Infiltrate for objectives (alpha) + bringing out daemons to add support wherever needed (Word Bearers)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
World Eaters
Death Guard
Iron Warriors

Plague Marines followed by Khorne Berzerkers with fucking artillery and huge fucking guns...yeah I would ask the commisar to just shoot me

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
EC (They played a HUGE roll in the HH) What other Legion had force WEs to back down... till Kharn get his hands on a Flamethrower.
Red Corsairs, Seriously between the Badab War, destroying Marines Errant, and taking the whole Maelstrom. makes for some badass pirates.
Finally IWs, need that nut cracking expertise.

So That gives me Dakka/CC force, Siege Experts for the ground war, and Space Pirates to controle the Space.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are all great ideas, it'd be great if there was a fluff saga on this topic. I might actually take a crack at drafting something up for heresy. That is once i finish fine tuning my homebrewed SM chapter :eek:k:

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
World Eaters, Iron Warriors and Word Bearers. Iron Warriors break down walls, World Eaters go through holes in said walls and kill everyone inside, and then Word Bearers can start converting it all and building Chaos cathedrals and stuff, before summoning defences of the type that surround Brigannion Four (The Planet of Steel). Sounds pretty badass. Or maybe swap World Eaters for Night Lords, you saw how much damage Sahaal did to a hive city all on his very own...

Midnight

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thousand Sons and Emperors Children would be an unstoppable combo.

Battlewise: Thousand Sons have the extrodinary psychic powered leaders, and soldiers that are fealess, space marine killing monsters, but their only weakness is slow movement which the Emperors Children easily make up for. Emperors Children would provide the speed to out flank any enemy and provide a great distraction in order for the Sons to come up and mow everything down with inferno bolts.

Bigger picture: Tzeentch is a master puppeteer so are his legion of master planners. the Children would have a higher chance of following the Sons plans unlike the World Eaters, or their rivals the Death Guard would. So not only is this Chaos army powerful, but its being lead by a tactical genius.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts