Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Your Best Conversion Model!

86K views 137 replies 92 participants last post by  REDEATH 
#1 ·
Ok so its really simple everyone just post their favourite or best converted models that YOU have made.

I saw a thread similar up on another site a while back and it was HUGE. I think heresy has a crap load of talent and I think we can make a crazy long thread with all the conversions people have done over the years.

They don't need to be crazy complex, painted, or even primed but try and make sure the pictures do the models justice!

I will start with my all time favourite that I did early this year.

Cheers,
Chaosftw

See less See more
#60 ·
A few of my favourites:

A Nightbringer Shard, reposed and a few refits:

My Swarmlord, made as true to the art as possible:

A pyramid headed Dragon Shard made with Plasticard, greenstuff and a custom base donated by a friend:

And a Harpy made from the plastic tyrant kit, an extra gun and greenstuff. :)

#64 ·
Those little riders are epic! I love the one that is running over an orc! What do you play them as? house rules or stand in for other model set?

#68 ·
wow, so much incredible stuff. I'll never be able to top some of the stuff shaantitus posted on page 1, and then classics from morfang...I always love the looted fex.

But just to remind the younguns what I used to be known for...

From the simile and utilitarian turreted landspeeder (top and chin turret both)

And the classic, simple and free sprue armor

You probably saw this guy on the internet

Dreadnoughts were some of my favorites to play with...Brother Versitus has magnetic arms so I can use him for everything...

But there were others before him

But that lead to my personal favorite, if somewhat over-ambitions attempt at a mechanical daemon prince...

Fun, but there were LOS/scaling issues...

Wasn't til I got into Orks though that I really started having fun...

Someone said chimeras and rhinos couldn't be made ramshackle enough to be convincing trukks...

And you gotta have wagons

Pics can't really do it justice...plus the looks on people's faces when they see a hollowed out baneblade used as a lowly battle wagon. Little did they know I got the lower hull kit for like $30 off a bitz site...

But it's nothing compared to the Trhino
Yes, it's 3 rhino hulls welded together

Scale

You know, somewhere I have a squad of completely kitbashed killa kans that've never been posted

#72 ·
I got a conversion coming up in honor of the upcoming CSM codex. I will be making a daemon prince model out of a goblin aracnearok spider and a reaper miniatures succubus in the likeness of quelaag from the dark souls game.

#80 ·
This thread is full of awesome looking stuff, now asking me to pick a favourite conversion is hard so here's my choices from my 3 fully converted army projects...

From my thousand sons army which you can see more of on the project log > HERE.

My Thousand Sons terminators...

& My latest edition to the army a pair of Automatons from the Pyrae cult.

From my Grot Rebellion first we have the Doom-Vee transport that I use for my chimeras.

& My support tanks that can be customised with different trailers and weapons...

#82 ·
Ok, since I think threads like this one is superb for inspiration and ideas I figure I might continue to add new ones as I go along (for those that doesn't follow my project log mostly I guess). Here's the latest conversion I did (and finished painting), it's supposedly an Inquisitor (but I doubt he'll see much use as that, possibly being degraded into a Command Squad space marine counts as till later):

Constructed out of a Warhammer Fantasy Vampire with a sculpted arm as well as Gas Mask from a Death Korp of Krieg grenadier and a power sword from the IG Command Squad kit.

#83 ·
Lovin' what I'm seeing so far. Let's see how my conversions pair up...
(I have 5 of these, total, but the other 4 have Guardian heads and Shuriken Catapults: I need to get more DA heads).

Killy lictor! Probably my favourite conversion at the minute.

Custom Exodite Dragon. I use my own rules for it in friendly games, and now it's a Flying Monstrous Creature! :biggrin:
Still like it though... I like the model...

Make of these what you will, I'm proud of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.