Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of model counts and at what points value are you running with success? Something like:

"O&G 2k pts, just over 200, 3-4 are warmachines, 2-3 are chariots"

Is what I am fetching for

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Dark Elves 3k:
105 infantry models, 10 cavalry, 2 monsters, character on chariot. 120 models in total.

I am somewhat restricted by the models I have, but I'd probably run more Hydras for competitive games, reconfiguring my magic and dropping less efficient infantry to get the points.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Warriors of Chaos at 2k

Anywhere between 40 and 60 models depending on the amount of characters/knights, including a Shaggoth and Warshrine.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
WE- 67, 30 archers, 15 fast cav, 1 monster character, 3 other characters (2k)

Ogres- about 82, 38 ogres+like, 40 gnoblar, 1 warmachine, 3-4 characters (2.5k)

I'm just waiting for a skaven player to post... they'll be a while though; they're all still counting

·
Registered
147 Posts
High elves- 2250 pts; ~85 infantry plus a couple of mages, a couple of heroes, a chariot, and two bolt throwers

I do wish I could say that I "win" more often than not with this army, but since 8th came out that would be untrue. :angry:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the weird points levels make the information look a little off (as 3k is a different game from 2k).

I guess what I am looking for would be the model counts that define 'elite' and 'horde' so one can know whats between, lol.

It is kinda looking like at 2k scale of:

50 (extreme elite)----75 (typical elite)----100-125 (middle ground)----150 (typical horde)----200+ (extreme horde)

This can be useful information for one looking at a new / first army if we can match it up to the various armies.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
All the weird points levels make the information look a little off (as 3k is a different game from 2k).

I guess what I am looking for would be the model counts that define 'elite' and 'horde' so one can know whats between, lol.

It is kinda looking like at 2k scale of:

50 (extreme elite)----75 (typical elite)----100-125 (middle ground)----150 (typical horde)----200+ (extreme horde)

This can be useful information for one looking at a new / first army if we can match it up to the various armies.
Thats a nice estimate, if a bit rough. I'd say its more like:

45-60 (extreme elite)----70-85 (typical elite)----90-125 (middle ground)----130-160 (typical horde)----170+ (extreme horde)

... though theres no sign of the Skaven players' input yet. :p

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thats a nice estimate, if a bit rough. I'd say its more like:

45-60 (extreme elite)----70-85 (typical elite)----90-125 (middle ground)----130-160 (typical horde)----170+ (extreme horde)

... though theres no sign of the Skaven players' input yet. :p

Not to many skaven armies go for a mega horde, too many points sunk into those awesome war machines and hell pit aboms :p

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Not to many skaven armies go for a mega horde, too many points sunk into those awesome war machines and hell pit aboms :p
I'm not expecting a shooty Skaven list to have 250+ models but somewhere between 160-180. I mean the Slaves are piss easy to field in huge blocks, meaning that only some 300-400 points would mean around 200 Slaves in big 50-ratman strong units. Not that they'd need that many, but then again I've no idea how many they do. :p

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going off:

Where can we list each army? If we could amend / revisit the introduction to the armies to include this information and maybe an update for 8th, I feel it would be beneficial to the community!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Beastmen checking in!

Right now, I've only fielded 1500 points. Though I'm certain that 2k will be a whole new game for me. (access to "gorthor" lvl characters and lords)

1.5k Beastmen.
Appx (list has been varying but is best average.)

3 lords/heros/chars -->Core models: 65-->special models:15 (varies) Monsters: 3 chariots:1

Total: 93 models +3 monsters +1 chariot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
First skaven player :D
I usually play 2k battles, and my current favorite list has 247 models, including a grey seer and hell pit abomination. It would have more, but I don't have very many slaves

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
First skaven player :D
I usually play 2k battles, and my current favorite list has 247 models, including a grey seer and hell pit abomination. It would have more, but I don't have very many slaves
Aaand, here's what we were expecting with Skaven. XD

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ogre Kingdoms at 2000 points is nice. I've had success with:

1 Tyrant w/tenderizer
1 Slaughtermaster
1 Bruiser w/BSB, rune maw
1 Butcher w/dispel scroll, fireball ring
10 Bulls
40 Gnoblars
2x 3 Ironguts
2x 2 Leadbelchers
Gorger

(Tyrant and Bruiser go with bulls, and the Slaughtermaster and Butcher each go in a different unit of ironguts)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
A Skaven-to-be here, by next month my army will be 80 Clanrats, 2 Warlock Engineers, 4 Weapon Teams (2 Mortars and two Warpfires), 4 Rat Ogres, 2 Packmasters and Warlord.

Guess what I'm buying?

Midnight

P.S. Oh, actually I might go with this army, Dark Elves are looking funky too...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts