Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to hear what other Heretics "5 year plan" are. Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years?

For myself, I've been working a soul crushing waiting job for the last 8 months, but am leaving next month to move home and move back in with my parents. The plan is to set up my own miniatures company within the next 18 months (the pre-alpha rules are available in the Endgame)

Within 5 years I'd like to have the company set up, have a few years of business under our belt and be living in my own place.

So what about you guys?

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
In five years i hope to be at least managing the hobby shop i work in, though with the exopansion plan the owner has i might be working on casting up the shop range of miniatures or writing.

Ideally i'll be a famous writer living in Cornwall. Realistically i will probably still be in reatail but with a couple of self published books under my belt and "hopefully" expanding webstore.

I should be out of debt by then.

·
The Curmudgeon
646 Posts
To be honest, I don't know what I want to do with my life anymore. I'm 30, I hate my job, lost my wife, and I can't be bothered to give two shits about 'the future'. If I were to be idealistic I would prattle on about how I'm looking forward to a bright future full of new experiences and happiness.

And you all know I'm too cynical for all that, don't you Heretics? Sadly, I believe I will shamble on through life for a while and have absolutely no direction in it. I mean what's the point of having goals? Something so minor can suddenly shift your entire world upside down without so much as a thought.

Beware hopes and dreams for the future, they seldom go as planned... and even when they do you don't always get to enjoy them very long... if at all.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
In 5 years all my kids will have finished school, I'll sell everything and travel !

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Honestly I'll be happy with alive, and I'll be ecstatic if my savings have reached a decent amount by then.

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Wow in 5 years I have not a clue what I want to be doing, I left the army just over two years ago for family reasons and that was all I ever wanted to do, got no skills of real use for the civvy economy and have to put up skilling on the back burner for the moment as have new baby due in September and saving to get a bigger gaff, so I suppose the 5 year plan would be to up skill in the new year (doing what I do not know) and try to get a career of some sort going on, get a bigger house with as small a mortgage as possible and develop stereotypical embarrassing dad habits to afflict the kids with later in life, not a very detailed plan admittedly but all I've got at the moment and nil desperandum as they say!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
In five years I'm seeing myself a college graduate with an entry level job in a broadcasting or film company of some sort.

Also, I'm making extra money on my ebook, coming soon

/shamelessselfpromotion

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
In five years I will be stressing my first child being old enough for her drivers permit and dealing with the child still growing in the wife approaching kindergarten. I most likely will still be running the 3rd shift at my work. Beyond that, ::shrugs:: I have at least another 30 years of work before I can even consider retirement.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Debt free.

That's the extent of my 5 Year Plan :)

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

Seriously though... I don't have a 5 year plan. Heck.. don't even have a next week plan. Or a tomorrow plan.
Lulz,Brilliant ! scrap travel, I think I'll take this on board and go for "Evil Genius" plotting and scheming.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I see two paths...

One.

Stay in the army, work my way up the ranks and get out shortly after my SSGT with two degrees but no morale. lol.

Two.

Get out in the next couple of years, finish my degree with a civvi engineering company and work my way up the promotion ladder.

Path two gives me more money and free weekends plus no more sandy places for 6 months at a time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts