Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I posted a thread a few weeks back about using your 40k minis for different games. I'm an independent game designer, and I thought it was something the game world was missing. It seemed like there was some interest, so I put together a little (?) something:

The Ars Victor Double-Wide.

:victory:

No, its not hurricane-prone housing, its a super-big set of map tiles and custom banners that you can use with the best miniatures in the world: the ones you already own.

I'm offering this as part of the Kickstarter project for my new board game: Ars Victor. If you're a boardgame player, I hope you check it out. We're getting some great reviews!

http://bit.ly/arsvictor

Currently, the base game contains a dozen units, and there's another couple dozen more being designed. Don't see units that would work with your minis? Don't worry -- the goal is to work with the community to come up with a wide variety of unit stats, covering any sci-fi trope you can think of.

Thanks for letting me share! Got any other ideas for this boardgame/miniature hybrid?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Sounds like an interesting idea but actually makeing a board game specifically using GW minitures wont that get you sued? Im not too sure of the legal ramifications of something like this but you might want to have a look.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
There's no copyright on what board you play or what rules you use for the mini's so there are no dramas there.

My son and I made up our own game like this using spaceship deck plans for a Spacehulk type game. It would be great to see a "pro" version.

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Hey mate, may want to post up a thread in our kickstarter forum, here.

Interesting concept though for some reason I don't think my Titans would like being left out :laugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like an interesting idea but actually makeing a board game specifically using GW minitures wont that get you sued?
Well the miniatures aren't making the board, it's actually being made by a printer. :eek:k:

But seriously, it's not specifically for WH40k minis. It's for any 28mm sci-fi minis. About half the figures I use for Ars Victor are old MageKnight minis. You can get em for dirt cheap, and the steampunk-fantasy scene works great for several of the units types.

Boc said:
Hey mate, may want to post up a thread in our kickstarter forum, here.
Oh, cool, thanks! I'll do that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts