Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a tounrey called the yorkshire open at the end of jan.

Have been thinking of an army as my nids would need re-jigging due to thier odd (quite funny dumming spitting if you know the sotry behing it) comp rules.

No S5+ infiltrate (bang goes broodlord)

Compuslary troops MUST be 7 strong

Any traits or alt list: basically Speedfreaks and any CSM non cult/vanilla list that changes your force org in anyway makes you take an extra compulsary troops choice (so IW with 3 units of oblits and 4 hvy support need 5 compulsary troops choices - remeber must be 7 strong as above).

Units must be 6+ to be scoring for objectives, no vehicles with less than AV12 front can be scoring (no speeders then), and no unit that has moved more than 12" in the final turn counts either.

Basically this used to be a nice little local boys small pond type tourney. Then last year Flame On and Bingowings turned up and conquered all before them. These comp rules are a blatent recation and dummy spit to this in most ppl's eyes (not just flame on or bingowings btw to any LNO who read this).

Oh yeah and despite all this IG Armoured Company are suddenly allowed (obviously one of their mates has them).

So we have taken it upon ourselves at Flame On to create the most harcore spam there is (already several IG armoured companies are rolling out :lol: ) and yet again steal thier lunch money.

Due to some of the restictions (i.e no infil for broodlord and only my guants been able to score) i've not gone for nids this year (can't be arsed painting more in a frenzy for next weekend). Had an idea to take a Landraider spam army for shits and giggles, but can't be bothered tbh.

Then came upon this lovley Necron list:

Lord: Destroyer Bod, Solar Pulse, Res Orb, Phylactery (had points spare for this).

12 Warriors
12 Warriors
12 Warriors

4 Destroyers

Lith
Lith

Total = 1493
41 Necrons/Phase out at 10

Bascially the way i'm looking at this is only railcannons can effectivly deal with monoliths now (and AFAIK only my mate spooky is taking tau) but then i can spam the hammer heads with guass.The Liths then just roll into the enemy and screw thier massed foot sloggin infantry lists (this is what the comp system is blatently trying to drive for).
The warriors are just gonna get washing machined out of the liths and so be around for ever almost, also been 12 strong is perfect as when they go below half they also fall foul of the 6 or more to be scoring rule (yep you still get vps for been above/below half aswell). Any more or less in the unit just isn't optimal.
The Detoryers are there to lurk at the back, wait for tanks to pop out and have a go at the liths and then help guass them to death, also the lord can easily attach himself to them and solar pulse to give them a stealth shield for a turn if things look too hot.
The list essentially revolves around the liths and warriors just forming a (hopefully) unstopable phallanx against the enemy. Like i said looking at the comp this army has no fear of speed/infiltrate ultra CC units that much and ppl are going to get forced (on the whole) to go infantry heavy with thier lists, which will suit me even better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I quite like the moving over 12" to contend rule - last turn skimmer / turbo-boost rush isn't much fun to play against.

If Spooky takes the Farsite council, then unless you can snipe farshite with a lith, it'll give you a very bad day. Any other Tau army, you'll roll over.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
what if you ds both lith's next to the farshite council? won't that hurt them a mite? then teleport the warriors into doubletap range, rinse and repeat? just to make them cry even more, you could drop stuff to take a 3rd lith, and hide the warriors for the entire game, dropping 3 liths on there heads. Probably wouldn't be as good an army overall, but you can imagine there faces, giving it "omg, that guys got 3 monolith"

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
torgoch said:
I quite like the moving over 12" to contend rule - last turn skimmer / turbo-boost rush isn't much fun to play against.

If Spooky takes the Farsite council, then unless you can snipe farshite with a lith, it'll give you a very bad day. Any other Tau army, you'll roll over.
Thing is even if Pete could take his FarsHite (no sp characters btw) i don't see what the hell it could do to the liths. He can't touch them, maybe a lucky 6 with fusion but thats it. All i would need to do is heard the council with the liths and keep them away from the warriors. The liths pie plate each turn for the win.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Farsight doesn't do jack. But the 2 broadsides with 2 shield drones he is guarding make short work of monoliths :)

No SCs is probably good. There's enough farsights floating around at the moment as it is (i've seen lists or intimations of lists with some regularity over the last two months... not sure if i should feel good about that or not..)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.