Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know i have a crackpot idea for making a dreadnaught/alien hybrid. Well it's almost done. I need to paint it and wait a base and the close combat arm (the new DP right arm) and convert that out. I digress, here are some pictures of how far it is. Right now i have the TL heavy bolter/ TL lascannon arm on. I can pop that off and put on the plasma cannon, and i'm going to make the DCCW removable. I am aware that the scale is off but it's a monstrosity. I hand made the tale with 2 part epoxy. I was going to paint the head either in classic xeno colors or i was going to make it look like an alien skeleton, any comments or suggestions would be awesome!

woog out!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks awesome to me, will this be some kind of twisted chaos spawn ?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I'm not too about the tail like thing out the back. If it is a tail it way too bulky and thick and kinda makes the model look seriously unbalanced. However the head and overall look of the dread is pretty class :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks pretty cool. I'm not too about the tail like thing out the back. If it is a tail it way too bulky and thick and kinda makes the model look seriously unbalanced. However the head and overall look of the dread is pretty class :D
it must have just grown on me but looking back at it in real life vs. in photos. It looks better IRL but it's still a bit big. It actually makes the model more stable and less likely to topple over till i get a base for it.

woog out!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
That's an awe-inspiring conversion Woog, credit to you for the idea and execution.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I'm sorry, but this is just too awsome. Have some rep!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you both! I was beginning to get the impression that no one really liked due to the lack of reaction do it on the thread. I'll post some new ones once i either start painting or finish converting the Daemon arm to look like it's busting through metal like the head. Whenever it finally gets here from Bits and Kits (not his fault. International shipping sucks)

woog out!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I like it. While the tail is a little big I do think it is necessary to balance (quite literally I hear) out the head. If there was just this massive head it would look weird. Looks like you were inspired by the deamon/dreadnought from the 4th ed CSM codex. I'd like to see this baby painted up and finished. What are its plans? Are you going for the alien colours from the film (ie oil slick black)? +rep

Also, where is the head from?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I like the Dreadnought but I'm not sure the tail adds anything (other than ballast) to the mini.

Great concept though!

+rep

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like it. While the tail is a little big I do think it is necessary to balance (quite literally I hear) out the head. If there was just this massive head it would look weird. Looks like you were inspired by the deamon/dreadnought from the 4th ed CSM codex. I'd like to see this baby painted up and finished. What are its plans? Are you going for the alien colours from the film (ie oil slick black)? +rep

Also, where is the head from?
Thanks,
I custom made the tail and when it was done and starting to harden i put it next to the model and realized it was a bit big to match up. I might sand it down and give it a different shape. I put it on the game table last night and it looks really bad ass when it's tearing into tanks and what not and the tail gives it mean look. So it will probably stay. I actually came up with the idea all on my own. I wanted to get another dread nought but didn't like any of the ones i've seen even on forge world. The plans are to go with my army's colors which are based around Brown, Gold, and Orange. The head i'm going to make look like an alien skull. The head piece will be done in more of a xeno feel. Bright colors around the edges and what not. The tail i haven't decided yet. I'll think of something once the rest of the beast is painted. The head is from a carnifex and the piece coming off ot if is from a mawlock.

woog out!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well, this is a treat. I come back to the modeling threads and find a Warhammer AVP hybrid! :biggrin:

It's nice work, Woog. I'm impressed not only with the concept, but that it got carried through. The head's awesome, and while the tail might be a bit large, it's still pretty cool.

I'm a fan!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, this is a treat. I come back to the modeling threads and find a Warhammer AVP hybrid! :biggrin:

It's nice work, Woog. I'm impressed not only with the concept, but that it got carried through. The head's awesome, and while the tail might be a bit large, it's still pretty cool.

I'm a fan!
Thanks,
I'm pretty sure you're one of the few i shared this concept with. I should start painting it up within the week. Maybe i'll sit down one evening and knock it out. Always good to hear from you varrius, even without a proper sign out..

woog out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts