Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Primarchs were blasted to the outer reaches of space by unknown forces, the Blood Angel's Primarch Sanguinuis had landed on the planet Baal, but he was not alone. Sanguinuis had a twin, a twin who was hidden and even the Emperor did not know about, even though no one knows why. Sanguinuis protected his little brother and taught him all he knew. Acromichus, for that was his name, had a pallid, bloodless look about him, he adored the snow and cold and his wings were not the silvery white of his brother, but instead had a bluish tinge to them. Acromichus was slightly wiser than Sanguinuis, and didn't share his brother's emotion and zeal in fighting. He was, in a way, smarter than his brother, but could never match his strength. Acromichus was revealed to the Emperor in secret, and the Emperor granted them both space marines. But enraged Acromichus as he gave to him merely three thousand marines. Acromichus saw this as his brother's fault, and he started a bitter feud against the Blood Angels. However he did not, for even one second, doubt the Emperor's judgement or was ever angry or mad at Him. He kept his dignity in front of the Emperor, swore his allegiance to Him and accepted the meagre amount of space marines with great reverance, naming them the Frost Angels, masters of ambush and strategic warfare. From that day on every two years, a squad of especially trained marines was pitted against another in an enclosed arena, the two primarchs led the squads and the winners were granted great honour. After Sanguinuis died however, the rivalry had vanished almost instantly. Every Chapter Master was chosen by the current one years before he died, and each new chapter master went through a revered though extremely painful process of receiving bio-mechanical wings which were inserted into their backs without any sedatives or painkillers. If the subject died, then the runner up would get his wings inserted, this would allow only the strongest and wisest to get power over the chapter. After Roboute Guilliman wrote the Codex Astartes, he allowed the Frost Angels to keep all their space marines and not split up their chapter to honour Acromichus who died defending Terra's people with two companies of Frost Angels from the murderous rampage of the Emperor's Children while the rest of the chapter protected the Emperor's Fortress. It is said the Acromichus went into a blustering rage once he recieved the transmission that his brother had died, and kept fighting long after his companies had died, yelling oaths of forgiveness for his brother and hatred for chaos. After the Heresy, the Frost Angels and Blood Angels conducted many crusades together, the Frost Angels setting up ambushes, spying and otherwise helping the Blood Angels behind the scenes to help get rid of Chaos. They also assisted Blood Angels under the Black Rage and there are some reports of Frost Angels with the Black Rage in their gene-seeds. Inquisitor Sinus Kazreston once said about the two chapters, "So different yet so much alike".

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Interesting dude. So well thought out that it may just be true.

Some fluff nazi's will always have a problem with other people tampering with the lost primarchs but I'm not too bothered about it as long as it isn't too over the top.

I like it. The mechanical wings on the back is a touch of genius.

Got a colour scheme at all yet?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of icey blue with skull white for it, mebbe black trim on the shoulders. And ya, i was worrying about the nazis the whole time while i wrote it.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Why not go onto the B&C painter to give it a test.

Don't worry about the Nazi's - half the time they can't write fluff to save their lives anyway.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lol k :mrgreen:

and here is the next installment about the organization of the chapter:

Doctrine: Ambush, Guerrilla Warfare

Companies:

1st (Veteran) Company: 150 Veterans, Apothecaries, five Techmarines, Dreadnought, Tactical Dreadnought Armour and assorted weapons

2nd (Scout) Company: 50 Scouts, Techmarine, Bikes

3rd (Ambush) Company: 60 Devastator Marines, 10 Combat Marines, two Techmarines, Hellfire Dreadnought, Heavy Bolters, Missile Launchers, and Multi-meltas

4th (Guerrilla) Company: 30 Jump Infantry, 5 Devastator Marines, Techmarine, Heavy-Bolters, Lascannon, Flamers, Razorback

5th (Tactical) Company: 500 Tactical Marines, 100 Devastator Marines, Apothecaries, 15 Techmarines, Rhinos, Razorbacks, Bikes, Heavy Bolters, Lascannons, Plasma Cannons, Multi-Meltas, Missile Launchers, Plasma Guns, Flamers, Meltaguns

6th (Tactical Reserve) Company: 500 Tactical Marines and assorted weapons

7th (Support Reserve) Company: 500 Devastator Marines and assorted weapons

8th (Guerrilla Reserve) Company: 500 Jump Infantry and assorted weapons

9th (Librarium) Company: Chief Librarian, 3 Epistolaries, 11 Codiciers, 7 Lexicanum, Tactical Dreadnought Armour, Artificer Armour and assorted weapons

10th (Reclusiam) Company: Master of Sanctity, 5 Reclusiarchs, Bikes, Tactical Dreadnought Armour, Artificer Armour and assorted weapons

Census shows the existence of 3050 marines in this chapter.

·