3x War Walker
6x EML
210 Points

War Walker Squadron
3x War Walker
6x Scatter Laser
180 Points

BOOM! 1748 Points.

Okay so according to the Games Workshop FAQ, Autarch +1 to reserve rolls is a may ability. Yes that means you get to come in on turn two with a 2+, and yes that means 1/3 of the time you will get to choose weather or not you come in.

YOU START ENTIRE ARMY IN RESERVE!! Starting those poor wave serpents on the board to run around and be the only target is just a mistake. Only way you would do this is if your against a heavy CC army, and need to take some shots before they get close. Against any army with remote amounts of shots, start nothing or everything in reserve. Since we all love our swooping hawks so much, everything is starting in reserve. Another viable option if you get first turn is to start your fire dragons on the board, this will be explained later.

So Autarchs come raging in with the fellow birdies on turn 2, throwing down a grenade pack anywhere on the map, shoots something, avoids getting assaulted with their 12" move, then says latta and repeats. Yes I know swooping hawks are bad, but maybe not if your getting them in on 2+'s the entire game. AS WELL AS ONE OF THEM BEING THE AUTARCH WITH FUSION GUN. Yeah, a one man tank killer, pretty good.

Okay but really, You use your fire dragons to pop vehicles with cargo. Obviously the grenade pack isn't very good against vehicles, so we need some flesh to blow up, because unfortunately S4 against AV12 just doesn't do anything. Then you have the choice of either leaping out for another blast if you cant get them far enough away (due to bad deviation of course, not inferior playing ability) , or you can mop up the rest of a unit with a nice array of assault 2 shots with deacent stats. Remember, we are Eldar, we are like the Orcs of shooting (not really but yeah, we actually win games).

Okay war walker squadron, what better way to abuse a 2+ infiltrate move then with 6 blast templates, or with 24 S6 AP6 36' range shots. Eat that back/side of tanks.

Okay honestly I would never spend money on swooping hawks, and haven't made this army myself, but I think it would be fun, and the only viable way to play them. Comments are always appreciated, as long as its constructive criticism, and not just rage. This is my first list post (first post actually), and I hope you all appreciate it :) .

·
Registered
249 Posts
So Autarchs come raging in with the fellow birdies on turn 2, throwing down a grenade pack anywhere on the map, shoots something, avoids getting assaulted with their 12" move, then says latta and repeats.
Chronology problems:
Skyleap happens at the end of the movement phase. If you use skyleap as much as possible, you will have swooping hawks on the board (presuming best rolls) on turns 2, 4 and 6 (if turn 6 happens). Also, you can't assault on the turn that you deep strike in.
If Skyleap happened at the end of the enemy movement phase, it would be the greatest thing of all time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skyleap is any time during the movement phase, and yes they can't assault, which is fine. It is situational weather you want to keep them on the board and shoot or skyleap again anyways, depending on deviation rolls and how the grenade packs are doing. The way I would play them is a mop up unit. Assault 2 weapons provide a decent amount of shots. This list is supposed to be an optimal way of trying to field a fun unit, that may even be competitive.

As well, as far as "optimal rolling goes", off the top of my head 1/6th of the time they fail (with the double +1 from autaurchs to reserve/deepstrike rolls) will only happen 16.67% of the time. times by 3, you should be looking at an average of 1 time they dont come in between the two skyhawk groups on a game that last to turn 6. Even then, as previously stated, you are not going to be skyleaping them every single turn.

Once they have done their damage in the most optimal spot, or are in trouble of being mowed down, they can skyleap out and go to a more optimal part of the board. The ability to constantly reposition, as well as a bonus attack for doing so, is really quite nice. At least imo .

This is obviously not a tier one list, but I think it provides a fun, somewhat competitive, different look at what Eldar can bring to the table.

Sorry for the big rant, I know you weren't raging on the list, just probably should have put this in the army description to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It looks like a fun army to play. Its like something Ive imagined using once I broke down and started converting an Autarch. Using everything in reserve is about the only way I think it's worth it to take an Autarch over a Farseer or Avatar. I like.
And Ive always enjoyed using my hawks. Especially now that they have the option to blow tanks to kingdom come. They are simply cool, and certainly annoying to the enemy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks like you've nailed it. It's the best army list of all time ever. There can't possibly be a different way to play eldar for the rest of eternity.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well, assuming optimal rolls the Hawks can Deep Strike in every turn after the first. You won't be doing any shooting if you just bounce like that but they can go in and out frequently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts