Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All

I took up 40k at the start of the year, and have been lurking in the shadows for a while here on HH. I am a Tau player that was enjoying the old codex but felt the holes in the old book when playing against 6th ed armies. Now the new book is out and I love trying new tactics and reading battle reports, not just for the Tau, but everyone, as it gives me an idea of what other armies can do and their tactics against each other.

I have been a hardcore Magic the Gathering player in the past and I still sling cardboard on occasion, but now mostly stick to the Eternal formats, as I don't have the time to spend on Standard and rare chasing.

I am 37, married and have a 6th month old daughter. There is a funny gaming story related to her birth:

When my wife's waters broke, I was at work, so I got the phone call and came rushing to the hospital.:shok: Once there, they did the usual testing and sent us home. My wife's mother turned up and with both of us clucking around her like a pair of hens, my wife was getting annoyed, :ireful2:and tells me to go out for a while. I live above and shopping centre and my local GW resides in it, so I pick up my case and wander downstairs. The manager of the shop is a friend and knows my wife is in labour, so when I walk in, he does a double take and says "What the eff are you doing here?" I explain and he then goes onto tell the entire store what I just said. I get a round of applause for both almost having a baby and gaming while my wife was in labour!:laugh:

Anyways, that's a bit about me!

Thanks for reading!

Dave

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Great tale Davo, thanks for sharing

Similar-ish to my wife booking us a holiday to get away from it all, including 40k, but then booking an apartment that was directly upstairs from GW Edinburgh !

welcome aboard !

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy, Dave! :drinks:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts