Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the rule book and found something. the tau crisis battlesuit allows a unit to move and fire rapid fire weapons but it says at page 52 under jetpacks

"Models with jet packs have the 'relentless' special rule"

which means they can move and fire heavy weapons and move and fire rapid fire weapons

is this true or am i just misinterpreting the rules

·
Registered
594 Posts
I may be wrong, but i believe rules in a Codex always supercede a Universal rule, so a Crisis Battlesuit would not be able to move and fire Heavy Weapons.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Deathscythe is correct in that Codex supersedes BRB, but XV-8s can't access any heavy weapons, so it doesn't really matter. XV-88s get the shaft as infantry.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but where does it say that it overides its relentless

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The BRB says that when the codex specifies something it over rides the BRB, so relentless for rapid fire overrides straight relentless. Wish I could give you a page number.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Haven't you wondered why some tau commanders take ASS for the broadsides (I would not as I would go for targeting array)

·
Registered
246 Posts
p.27 T'au codex. "... This ability does not extend to Heavy weapons, and the user must be stationary to use them."

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but does this extend to stealth suits do they get relentless

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
but does this extend to stealth suits do they get relentless
if anything has jet packs they get any special rules relating to jet packs from the Tau codex, not the main rulebook, as the codex overrides the rulebook.

so unless jet packs in the Tau codex say they get relentless (doubtful since its older) then no, they do not get relentless, but then again they have no heavy weapons or rapid fire weapons, so it matters very little

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Actually they have Marker Lights, which are Heavy. Since the Tau codex specifies that their particular Jet Packs do not work for Heavies then that is the rule you use.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Actually they have Marker Lights, which are Heavy. Since the Tau codex specifies that their particular Jet Packs do not work for Heavies then that is the rule you use.
forgot they could even have marker lights, if there on pathfinders I always wonder why you'd completely waste points putting them any place else really.

especially when "any place else" in a Tau army should be moving anyway, double that for stealth suits and there tiny range.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks but can u tell me what page it tells me about the special jetpacks

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Hmm... the codex specifies that XV8 suits may not fire Heavies on the move but states that Stealth Suits have Relentless USR from the BRB. (pg 27 in the box)

Since the Stealth Suits are the ones able to have Marker Lights, you may have something here, Tervigonboy!

Checked the FAQ, nothing about it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it says there subject to the rules so stealthsuits have a new role

infiltrating quick pathfinders

·
Registered
108 Posts
While you've found a different outlet for Markerlights, you must ask yourself a some questions:

Are you willing to burn an elites slot for a few more Markerlights, a slot hotly contested by the more versatile Crisis Suit?

At minimum with 3 suits, team leader, markerlight on the leader, drone controllers for each suit, then one marker drone for each suit, you're running 195 points. Compared with the 216 for a Pathfinder unit with a Warfish with landing gear, you have to ask yourself if you want to burn those points on the suits to get 4 markerlights, when there's a barely more expensive, more effective outlet in the Pathfinders. Also that Devilfish gets to be used for a Fire Warrior squad that didn't have one.

Until their points get reduced, I'm not interested in this different outlet for markerlights. It takes away a slot for a squad that does more damage, and it's less efficient than a different outlet in a different slot of the FoC. Relentless or not.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
new find and good news to all tau players

crissis battlesuits have relentless too!

Crisis suits are jump infantry subject to the jet pack special rules as described in the warhammer 40,00 unit types rules section,
pg 27 tau codex xv8 crisis battlesuit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts