Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I play BA's, do you guys thinks the Xtra Armor for your tanks is worth it? Especially with the new points cost. I understand its imparative for transports but if anyone has any feed back or examples for tanks I'd like to hear about it. Thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
it depends on your tactics, if your a fast army, use your points elsewhere, but if your a gunline army, use it to prevent your tanks from being blown up

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I wouldn't bother with extra armour for predators, whirlwinds and the like. It is nice to be able to move a tank that would have been stunned but I don't think the cost is justified.

It's more or less essential for transports though as you say. There is nothing worse than a stunned transport full of troops who can't get out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A bit, It really helps if you want to move your tank into cover or out of range of enemy fire.

·
Registered
40 Posts
a quick correction - just because a transport is stunned doesn't mean the troops can't move and shoot. it just means that the transport can't move and shoot, and that the troops inside can't shoot while they're in there.

new rhinos are absolutely amazing for 35 points. forget the extra armor. all you need are those free one-use smoke launchers to keep your rhinos from getting penetrated (i'm referring to the DA/BA/CSM books).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Terminator; Unfortunately its three time the cost of what it used to be for BA/DA :ireful2:

·
Registered
318 Posts
For regular Marines it's a no-brainer as it's so cheap. The even greater no-brainer is to take Drop Pods to fulfill the same purpose (getting your troops to where you want them) far more efficiently and even cheaper.

For DA/BA extra armour is too expensive to be worth it in most cases. The pts cost that makes extra armour a difficult choice is exactly in between the two extremes of Regular and DA/BA.

As for DA/BA transports- it's best not to use them for transporting, they are death traps.
Better to take the bare standard cheap Rhino and use it as a moving wall to block LOS to your troops, and inevitably as a piece of cover when it's dead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts