Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there. We are preparing a project for a Xmas competition on a local Warhammer forum. We must have everything ready this Friday, so many things will be made quick, so some details will be lost. If we like the final result, we thought we might do the whole project from the beginning, but this time spending plenty of time so that it will include our best efforts in its creation. We'll see about that. Thought it would be wise if I showed you some WiP pics, as your comments, questions and ideas might privide us a precious help.
The project is a diorama. We will try to show a small Goth Xmas story on it. (I won't tell the story yet, as I prefer to show it to you when it will be ready). It will include many minis, some parts of buildings, a river, and the most difficult of all, is that it will be painted as it is an evening or night (only with the light of the torches, some moonlight e.t.c.)

here is the progress so far..

First of all I sculpted some torches, like the one that follows, so that to luminate the diorama.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am interested in tghese buildings. Is that aluminium foil embossed as brick and stone? I'd like to hear how you do that.
Nope. This is not aluminium foil. It may look like this, as the black paint is still wet. I made it from foam board.

So, the last to sculpt mini is ready. It's Santa Claus having a bad time, being a little bit dead! ;D Well. What we are doing right now, is trying to be ready so that to participate in the contest. What is sure, is that the project won't be 100% ready. But We will try our best so that to participate, and then we will finish our project correctly.

To make this mini, I got some legs and a torso of an ork boy, I cut off the belly, and then started sculpting everything you see white. This was a little bit tough for me, as I had only one hour to make it.(due to the short time for the contest).

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Nice job! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts