Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was looking for some advice on a tourney list. I've got the general layout I want, I just need some advice on the finer details. The list I have is a duel flanking intercepters list that uses A firespray as bait. I like the ships and pilots I've chosen, some of the upgrades I'm a little unsure about. I have managed to narrow the choices down to 3 lists I like.

List 1:
Kath Scarlet (38) + Gunner (5) + Expert handling (2)
Royal Guard pilot (22) +Push the limit (3) + Targeting computer (2)
Royal Guard pilot (22) + Push the limit (3) + Targeting computer (2)
Total = 99

This was the first one I came up with. All three ships hit hard and are quite slippery, Kath also provides some board control with a possible 2 stress per turn. My only worry is that EH on the firespray makes Kath predictable after a barrel roll due to the lack of green manoeuvres. Engine upgrade seems like a better option on the firespray.

List 2:
Kath Scarlet (38) + Gunner (5) + Engine Upgrade (4) + Veteran instincts (1)
Royal Guard pilot (22) + Push the limit (3) + Targeting computer (2)
Royal Guard pilot (22) + Push the limit (3)
Total = 100

This list swaps out EH for engine at the cost of targeting computer on one of the intercepters. It also allowed Kath to take VI for PS9, which could come in handy. The downside is one of my intercepters can't target lock, though if he gets any free shots I could boost him forward into a closer range band instead

List 3:
Kath Scarlet (38) + Gunner (5) + Engine Upgrade (4) + Marksmanship (3)
Total = 100

This last list looks to capitalise on Kath's damage and text ability. Hopefully it makes the intercepters more likely to be ignored, it also gives me a better counter to other intercepters and highly manoeuvrability lists. As I said before if they get free shots they can always try to boost forward to a better range band, in addition to focusing.

What are people's thoughts? Which list would you least like to face? Have I overlooked something?

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

·
Registered
409 Posts
They look like three very good lists. As an Imperial player myself, if I am playing with Interceptors I always equip all of them with Push the Limit.

I agree with your point on list one, Engine Upgrade on the Firespray rather than Expert Handling may be a safer option and a lot more useful.

I'm also liking the Targeting Computer with PtL. Its not a combination I have used as I tend to use Stealth Device instead. Five dice at range three can be very frustrating for the opponent but I can see boost/barrel roll and target lock working really well.

If I was going to use/wouldn't like to face a list it would be the third list. The Interceptors are still susceptible (but that's the Imperial way....) but Kath is a solid build with plenty of offensive firepower and increased movement. The Interceptors agility and PtL should keep them alive and may be enough a distraction to cause your opponent to split their force.

I recently ran a list of Boba Fett, Soontir Fel and Turr Phennir. Both Interceptors had PtL and Stealth Devices and they were very slippery.

But yeah list three for me :good:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I recently ran a list of Boba Fett, Soontir Fel and Turr Phennir. Both Interceptors had PtL and Stealth Devices and they were very slippery.
That description doesn't even come close. It took what felt like a year of chasing and glancing hits to finally bring one of them down.
If it hadn't been for your misjudged turn with Boba, then I'd have been knackered with his firepower and their agility......

So yeah, PtL and SD are lovely combos on Interceptors :good:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts