Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have just experienced playing the Star Wars X-wing starter set and i loved it! Now i want to get my own Galactic Empire fleet and have some questions. (I have attached my fleet list)

1. I have upgraded a few of my ships, do all these upgrades available come with the respective ship? E.G Darth Vader in the Lambda class shuttle?

2a. What is a good size playing area for a 100pt game? 3x3, 2x2?

2b. What is the largest amount of asteroids i could possibly need?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
So i have just experienced playing the Star Wars X-wing starter set and i loved it! Now i want to get my own Galactic Empire fleet and have some questions. (I have attached my fleet list)
Welcome to the awesome game that is X-wing! It's a nice list. To run it you'll need the decimator and lambda shuttle expansions for the ships, and the TIE defender expansion for the predator upgrade card.

1. I have upgraded a few of my ships, do all these upgrades available come with the respective ship? E.G Darth Vader in the Lambda class shuttle?
The upgrade cards you get in each expansion are not random, so you know exactly what you get from each expansion. The problem is you don't get all of the cards the ships can take. Some cards are pretty common, but others (like predator) only come with a single ship.

In a typical 100pt dogfight the play area is 3'x3'. I would recommend going to a fabric shop and purchasing a piece of black felt to play on (they usually come in 1m width rolls). It's usually approximately $5 for a metre and immensely improves the look of the board. Plus it also stops ships from slipping.

In a typical 100pt dogfight you always use 6 asteroids. However in friendly games feel free to use more or less if your opponent agrees.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You can find each expansion and the cards that it comes with here:

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-expansion/

They're pictures, so might take a minute to load for you.

Alternatively, when building a list, use this site:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/

And each upgrade you select has the Expansion that it comes in listed right next to it.

3x3 is standard for a 100pt game. Flying the Core set alone (1 X, 2 TIEs) you could probably do 2x2. Anything over maybe 130pts or so is probably going to need a 4x4 and more asteroids.

Most people play the standard setup, which is 100pts, the 6 asteroids you get in the box, and a 3x3 space. There is deliberately 1 big asteroid to give advantage to the person who places first, as that is a function of your list building - by making a 99pt or 98pt list you get to place the first asteroid, and also will win any ties when it comes to identical pilot skill between you and your opponent.

If you want to play with a certain upgrade that you do not have access to (specifically Engine Upgrade, since it only came with the Falcon, and it makes Shuttles, Defenders and the Decimator much better) then proxy it unless you're going to a tournament that is strict about such things, and you don't know anyone to lend you it. Most people understand that paying 85 quid for a Falcon just to obtain a 3cmx2cm piece of card is stupid.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I use this squadron builder for my lists, and the "My Collection" tool comes in pretty handy.

But anyways, regarding X-Wing, welcome to the awesome mate! :good:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts