Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wedge should be one of the first pilots to shoot. He is the same as Vader PS 9 it's rare something should be shooting before Wedge. Unless they are adding vet instinct to some of the named pilots

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Veteran Instincts is on the other pilots, because I'm sick of them dying at PS6 before they get to shoot.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was thinking of making a new thread for this, but it really is just an extension of what was going on here. The girlfriend and I went a little ship crazy...I now have two 100 point lists for the Rebels that I have been enjoying:

X-Wing:
Red Squadron Pilot w. R2 Astromech

X-Wing:

Y-Wing:
Gray Squadron Pilot w. R2 Astromech, Ion Cannon

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot

-and-

YT-2400:
Leebo w. Mangler Cannon, Dash Rendar, Outrider

Y-Wing:

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot

I still enjoy three ship builds with named pilots, but when I want to go high risk-high reward like that I've been going with dual Aggressors and loving it.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
X-Wing:

X-Wing:

Y-Wing:

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot
Everyone is running at PS4, which is nice when playing against other generics, but not so nice when playing against named ship-only squadrons, when it's 8 wasted points. I guess that depends on your local opponents, but if you cut them down to basics and lose the R2 astromechs on the X-wings (you're only using it after they K-turn after all) then you have 10pts to get Dutch and Dreis, which lets you double up on Target Locks and Focus, vastly increasing your offensive punch, or Biggs if you were worried about your Y-Wing or Z-95s being focused on first.

YT-2400:
Leebo w. Mangler Cannon, Dash Rendar, Outrider

Y-Wing:

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot

Z-95:
Tala Squadron Pilot
If you dropped the Grey to Gold then you can put Dash in the Driver seat with Jan, Merc Co-pilot or Tactician riding shotgun. Ignoring rocks when shooting is nice, but ignoring rocks when moving is even better!

Just some ideas, feel free to ignore/adjust as suits yourself. :eek:k:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Everyone is running at PS4, which is nice when playing against other generics, but not so nice when playing against named ship-only squadrons, when it's 8 wasted points. I guess that depends on your local opponents, but if you cut them down to basics and lose the R2 astromechs on the X-wings (you're only using it after they K-turn after all) then you have 10pts to get Dutch and Dreis, which lets you double up on Target Locks and Focus, vastly increasing your offensive punch, or Biggs if you were worried about your Y-Wing or Z-95s being focused on first.
I like the idea of incorporating Dutch and Dries, they're two awesome pilots. The PS4 thing has come in and out of play, but I've also been playing a lot at PS6 with my Aggressors and they're still attacking last against a lot of pilots I'm up against, whether they be Imperial Aces, Chiraneau, Vader in an Advanced, Howlrunner, or anyone tossing out a high PS with Swarm Tactics. I am very swayed by their increase in attack and defense capabilities with their pilot abilities, but I'm finding if I want to shoot first I pretty much have to make a list of dudes with Veteran Instincts to do it. As for the R2's on the X's, my pilots get stressed out around Rebel Captive and Mara Jade all the time. Plus it's super awesome to pull hard 2 turns coming out of a K-turn for 1 point. I will post back with a list that incorporates some of this, Garven really is my favourite X-Wing pilot with his free Focus token hand out.

If you dropped the Grey to Gold then you can put Dash in the Driver seat with Jan, Merc Co-pilot or Tactician riding shotgun. Ignoring rocks when shooting is nice, but ignoring rocks when moving is even better!
This I was just starting to notice, Dash is better as a pilot than a crew member. Have you tried the Mangler Cannon on a 2400 yet? 'Cuz it's friggin' perfect for that ship. Gives out Merc Co-Pilot at all ranges for 4 points, I just wish the damn ship had more than 2 attacks base for when I'm at Range 1.

I gotta roll for today, but I'll post back with some adjusted lists later on today. As always, thanks for the input!

EDIT: Here's a couple lists, one is pretty much exactly what you suggested for the 5 ship squad.

X-Wing:
Garven Dreis

X-Wing:
Rookie Pilot

Y-Wing:
Dutch Vander w. R2 Astromech, Ion Cannon Turret

Z-95:
Bandit Squadron Pilot

Z-95:
Bandit Squadron Pilot

-AND-

YT-2400: