Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Wyverns - OP?

4K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  MidnightSun 
On page 62 of the Codex, the armory description of Stormshard Mortar says it is barrage, as does the reference chart at the back of my book, as does page 22 of the White Dwarf which discusses the Wyvern. Are the English language books printed in NA printed at the same place as for Europe and Australia/NZ?
Yup. British spellings any everything. And I just looked, the Stormshard Mortar is barrage in the physical book.

Because it's the only non flier skyfire in the codex. And it's still damn effective for its points. Losing its jink ignore was pretty necessary to keep its points down, and the open top bit is largely irrelevent. They're still extremely strong AA, unless you're just going to rely on your 6-9 divination psychers and weight of dice to bring down air now instead.
Losing "Ignores Jink" didn't need to be removed keep the points down, at least not as long as it doesn't have Interceptor.

I'm actually reading a number of Guard players who aren't sold on either model for a number of reasons, meaning neither of these kits really looks like a "hot seller".

So what? Still gonna sell well on the Wyvern alone. GW are a business, they know what they are doing.
The point was they'd sell more if they buffed both version of the kit, not just one. And as said I've seen a LOT of people talking about how not impressed they are by BOTH options in the kit so it's debatable if it even will be a "hot seller".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.