Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm starting to get the feeling that guard will be the next OP army with the stuff they're getting .......... oh well. More new toys for my renegades!:crazy:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What is a Wyvern for us new guys to this hobby?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
It's a vehicle GW has just made up, I haven't seen or heard of it before. Well I guess they needed something to make a dual kit with the Hydra with and as they have already done the most logical choice: the Manticore with the Deathstrike (always an odd combo I thought given the way the Manticore was in Epic and in FW) they had to come up with a new one. Looks ok I guess, I'd still build it as Hydra though.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Pretty funky, if these things can be purchased by the squadron, that is a lot of pie plate death incoming!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
...I guess the Guard needed another anti-infantry artillery piece? I mean, there were what, at least four before? Griffon, Medusa, Basilisk, Colossus... and there are probably some others, that's just off the top of my head. So yay for redundancy! But, it's a cool model and that's all that really matters, I suppose. The bigger selling point of the kit *should* be the Hydra, but experience shows that the "new" unit a kit makes is inevitably the better option out of the kit. So I'm kind of curious to see what the Wyvern actually does.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm going to guess it going it acts like the eldar night spinner. At least thats what the fluff sounds like anyway.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm starting to get the feeling that guard will be the next OP army with the stuff they're getting .......... oh well. :
based on the evidence that they have a new anti-infantry tank?, that's one hell of a jump of logic

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Oh my Wyvern where have you been all this time. Come come my freind, we have many Nids to Crush, Dark Eldar to Pulverise. :spiteful:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm starting to get the feeling that guard will be the next OP army with the stuff they're getting .......... oh well. More new toys for my renegades!:crazy:
People do this for every army now, a picture of a redesigned kit, OPED, new kit, OPED!

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
...I guess the Guard needed another anti-infantry artillery piece? I mean, there were what, at least four before? Griffon, Medusa, Basilisk, Colossus... and there are probably some others, that's just off the top of my head. So yay for redundancy! But, it's a cool model and that's all that really matters, I suppose. The bigger selling point of the kit *should* be the Hydra, but experience shows that the "new" unit a kit makes is inevitably the better option out of the kit. So I'm kind of curious to see what the Wyvern actually does.
No one does redundancy better than the Imperium....except Imperial army players who just spam the same thing over and over again.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
No guarantee colosses, grithin et al will be in the new dex - after all - the kits were never done by GW...

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
No guarantee colosses, grithin et al will be in the new dex - after all - the kits were never done by GW...
Correct, the Griffon, Colossus and friends were (I say "were" because the Griffon is the only one left out of that group on the FW site now, the others seem to have vanished) FW kits that people seemed to ignore as existing (so was the Hydra by-the-way).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I am aware FW have the kits (I own them), but GW never made a kit - perhaps they will now or perhaps they have some new ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I am aware FW have the kits (I own them), but GW never made a kit - perhaps they will now or perhaps they have some new ideas?
Well seeing as FW is a part of GW...I'd say they made the kits.

But yes, they were never in plastic and people who didn't know about FW (or refused to look at it because "zomg, FW is totes op brah!") never saw that they were there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is exactly what I would expect to see from a new "guard" dex. I like the look of it and I makes sense that if would be a thing.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
It is exactly what I would expect to see from a new "guard" dex. I like the look of it and I makes sense that if would be a thing.
Now we just need Guardsmen riding atop each other's shoulders so people forget about how much everyone hated on the Centurions.

The one on the bottom could even be banging coconut shells together!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts