Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question on the WYSIWYG tournament/store policies...if I put Camo Netting on a tank, Leman Russ for example as an aesthetic, does it always have to go in the points towards to game? I'm making netting this evening and was debating on whether I should attach it or somehow model it into a covering that I can remove when I don't have the points for it. Another example would be my Catachan Sentinels, which come with plastic camo netting as part of the model....Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I really can't see somebody complaining that the model has camo netting but you are not benefitting from the save. It's just an aesthetic. But when you use the benefit of the netting, make sure it's written in your list, whether modeled or not.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Archon Dan says it right, for me. If you are paying for something NOT represented on the model, thaen it could suck. But since you have it modeled, you just need to say " In this battle this is just aesthetic". No official tournament is so strict on aesthetic...you are not proxing or pretending your meltagun is a plasmagun...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would expect you to be consistent: so either all the cammo netting I can see is an upgrade, or none of it is. It is not your opponent's job to remember which netting is only aesthetic and which is not.
That is what I was thinking about Dave and appreciate you answer it. If I mass model netting for my armoury I wanted to either figure out a way to take it on and off or leave it on at all times. I appreciate all the responses guys!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
if you are skillful enough to make use of magnets then that would be the best plan to go forward with the "removable" camo netting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts