Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
I can not picture the Gargoyle, but if they present roughly the same target profile you should be fine. Scratch built Kult of Speed Gun Trucks and stuff have been fine in previous ones.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That was the biggest, bloodthirster type model that was in the original Heroquest right? If he fits well on a 60mm I think you'll be fine, but he'd be a bit small if I remember right (last time I played Heroquest was 1992 i think) :)

And for those not sure what it looks like, this is the best pic I could find online...

Again, i think he's going to be pretty small (he sits on basically a 25mm square), would work better as a demon prince i think, but maybe if you build his base up he'll work on a 60mm.

·
Registered
966 Posts
yeah since last thing you want it what happened to on of our lads and have the model removed along with a point for each game you've used him in as its not suitable under the "counts as rules".

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i May just bite the bullet and the buy a Bloodthirster tomorrow. But the model is just so crap i really do hate it

·
Registered
74 Posts
You could scratch-build one in the style of Flame on's favourite greater daemon, but then you'ld definitely get thrown out. :lol:

I suppose you're a bit stuck if you hate the only model for something you want in your army though. Good luck.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes you will so become the cockthrister amongst us lot.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Elric of Melnibone typed:

It does not matter what the model is as long as the base size is correct

As everything is done to the base
Valid, but a model half the size is pushing your luck a bit and theres the line of site issue. If its not tall enough then you can't see it behind terrian when you know damn well you could the proper model.
I got given no end of hassle because of this when I had the older Greater Daemons when the new ones had just come out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Elric of Melnibone said:

I believe when I read the events rules that most of the model must be made up of GW product. IE you can't buy a reaper giant model and use it for an ogre in fantasy or buy a conflict elf model, slap a bainsidhe arm on it and call it a bainsidhe.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we'll i did a dirty deed today and bought the bloodthirster model :(

Oh well maybe it'll look ok when i've painted it up, my project for tomorrow :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Viscount Vash said:
Elric of Melnibone typed:

Valid, but a model half the size is pushing your luck a bit and theres the line of site issue. If its not tall enough then you can't see it behind terrian when you know damn well you could the proper model.
I got given no end of hassle because of this when I had the older Greater Daemons when the new ones had just come out.
Maybe pushing your luck.....but not illegal

It says in the blurb somewhere that a DP is at least 10 feet high......and how high is a tank in 40k ?? and you can see a DP or BT over all(I think) of them !!??

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Having reposition him slightly to look like he's leaping forward i'm now quite pleased with the thirster model. He actually makes poor splatty look small :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nah, i let him bring 2 units back from the dead as extra reserves....i think thats a pretty kind thig to do, personally. get in the big fella.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.