Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make Dwarf quarreler figures with Great Weapons or do you just say they have them?
Thats not a surprise I would want to run in to.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The sprues come with two handed axes and you can just glue them onto the backs of the quarellers, also Warhammer fantasy isnt to strict on WYSIWYG with things like that.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
It really depends on how you play- there is only one person I play with who strictly uses closed lists and so doesnt just tell his opponent what he is using and where (although we dont normally disclose every item on our characters, we dont hide it... just dont ask) and he has a stick up his butt. Against anyone else I would expect them to point out to me that the quarrellers weren't WYSIWYG since they didnt show the great weapons before combat is reached... but against the guy who is an arse about 'hiding' what he has I would totally insist on WYSIWYG on everything... right up to the point of not allowing him to use great weapons on quarrellers if they weren't at least represented on some of the models. Basically if you are friendly let the opponent know and there wont be an issue, if you arent playing friendly then dont expect the opponent to either. I am one of the most easygoing relaxed players around- I'll let people take back charges or declarations of shooting/magic ect, but have severly shocked some people when mid way through a game I tuen round and say no to any and all 'take back' requests simply because they denied something of mine (by all means be a nice player, but dont let people just take advantage of you).

As for making the unit WYSIWYG, nothing could be easier. Stick a few great weapons on the backs or sides of some dwarves so they are visible from the front (so the opponent can clearly spot them) or even easier, just swap in some great weapon warriors, possibly attaching a crossbow to them (hooked onto a belt, resting aginat their legs etc etc). If there are 2-3 models in the front rank obviously carrying a great weapon then no-one can complain that the unit isnt WYSIWYG since all models in a unit must be equipped identically (except the champion, on very rare occasions).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts