Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purely for the sake of having a chuckle whilst dumping the contents of your bowels...

If, on the allies table, every army/supplement/detachment/whatever counted as Battle Brothers with each other, what crazy, fun, overpowered, or otherwise cool combinations would you take?

·
Registered
480 Posts
4th Edition Black Templars and SoB. LET THE PROMETHIUM BURN IT TO A CINDER.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Venomthropes, and make my KFF a 3+ cover save.

Eldar, and get Twin-Linked on all my Shoota Boyz.

Inquisition, for Hammerhand to make Boys Str4 (5 on the charge) and Tome of Vethric to give them Scout and Hatred.

Space Marines for Combat Tactics tricks, probably Raven Guard for Scouting all my Slugga Boyz.

They're the best ones I can think of for now.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, what about specific combinations of units?

For example, I'd love to attach Ministorum Priests to my Cultists. 25 points for Zealot and the war hymn to re-roll wounds. A unit of 35 fearless, hit/wound re-rolling bastards at 4 points each sounds very nice. Already possible (minus the wounds) with a Dark Apostle, but he's at least 4x the points cost.

Similarly, attaching Heralds of Tzeentch to any unit for cheap yet reliable Divination powers sounds great.

Obviously, Eldar 2+ rerollable invuln save shenanigans could be possible with anything.

·
Registered
480 Posts
25 man Black Tide; 10 Initiates, 10 Neos, Emperors Champion, kitted Chaplain w/ 3 Cenos, kitted Techmarine, with a KFF Big Mek and Mad Dok Grotsnik. 28 dudes with AAC Rage vow, rerolls from the Chaplain, Righteous Zeal for a 9" move off a casualty, with a 5+ Force Field and FNP. There would be confusion from Unmatched Zeal (choose who you Zeal at) and Mad Dok's Scalpel rule (move towards nearest unit) but with a 9" consolidation, who cares?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Swarms and swarms of nids (guants) with pretty much anything... Eldar for infinite rerolls, tau for more killy, spehs marines for hit and run etc.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Similarly, attaching Heralds of Tzeentch to any unit for cheap yet reliable Divination powers sounds great.
Sorry Daemons, you don't get nice things. Here, have Daemonic Rivalry instead (or whatever they renamed it too, the thing that stops Daemons from joining anything that isn't a unit of Daemons of the same God).

Obviously, Eldar 2+ rerollable invuln save shenanigans could be possible with anything.
Ghaazghkuuuuul

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sangiunary Priests mixed in with 20-strong Necron Warrior blobs w/ Lord with Res Orb supported by Ghost Arks

They.Will.Not.Die

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Daemons, you don't get nice things. Here, have Daemonic Rivalry instead (or whatever they renamed it too, the thing that stops Daemons from joining anything that isn't a unit of Daemons of the same God).

Ghaazghkuuuuul
Crap I always forget about that rule, despite using it properly when I play Daemons. Balls!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Sangiunary Priests mixed in with 20-strong Necron Warrior blobs w/ Lord with Res Orb supported by Ghost Arks

They.Will.Not.Die
back in 5th (and its "veteran upgrades" for campaigns) I had a friend who ran this sans the sang priest, without the ghost ark, and THEY NEVER COULD BE KILLED...I hated them.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Sanguinary Priests specifically can't benefit anyone except Blood Angels, even if you are Battle Brothers. It's the same with many effects, otherwise I'd be bringing Chaos Terminators with the Standard of Devastation for Twin-Linked 4-shot Bolters.

My other combo would be Psyocullum Orks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts