Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yeah.
What the duck? I started watching when i was, 10, and my god, it was AWESOME. I loved Kane, as this big red monster. but...what happened. Its like WWE has gone from being awesome, raw (pound intended) and manly to...well...PG. and don't get me started on Cena. Im sure hes a cool guy, and i do respect how much charity he does but....does he really need to be so...face.

So, what happened? why did WWE go to PG? and when will it end?
And will kane ever be awesome again?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Law Suits man, thats all it is. They have to pull punches, and all their "kill moves" are things basic stuntmen can do. In other words their Glorified Body Builders who are Stuntmen. Yup, sums it up.

Story lines have gotten interesting though, their returning to a "Raw at War" type theme with Triple H being the bad guy. Not all that great, but wish they'd brin Brock Lesner back full time. F-5 Tornado baby!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I lost interest over ten years ago (not because it was bad, I just had other things going on)- what's changed? I remember during the attitude era they started using 'bad' language a lot more, clearly bought into the idea (fact) that sex sells and practically every match seemed to involve deadly weapons- is all that gone? Watching a documentary about the era recently I saw it mentioned that they were aiming for the 13-30 market. That isn't the case any more?

Anyway, recently I've been watching a lot of old PPV events I remember from my youth. Started at the 1996 Royal Rumble (about 6 months before my time) and I'm just past 1998's Wrestlemania. It's pretty interesting seeing it as an adult when the last time I saw those events I wasn't even out of primary school

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lost interest over ten years ago (not because it was bad, I just had other things going on)- what's changed? I remember during the attitude era they started using 'bad' language a lot more, clearly bought into the idea (fact) that sex sells and practically every match seemed to involve deadly weapons- is all that gone? Watching a documentary about the era recently I saw it mentioned that they were aiming for the 13-30 market. That isn't the case any more?

Anyway, recently I've been watching a lot of old PPV events I remember from my youth. Started at the 1996 Royal Rumble (about 6 months before my time) and I'm just past 1998's Wrestlemania. It's pretty interesting seeing it as an adult when the last time I saw those events I wasn't even out of primary school
Its basically PG, which means, that its made for 13 years old, no blood, no swearing and most awesome moves are banned (okay i understand that, they are dangerous).
But its actually, going somewhere, with its Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan/Triple H things. lets hope.

·
Registered
533 Posts
One of the best aspects of wrestling is seeing crazy moves and thinking 'How the hell did they pull that off??' Still, I can't complain about them making it safer for the wrestlers. It's pretty tragic seeing how many of them die way before their time

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand why they made so many moves, illegal, but its still sad. But seriously, the only thin im really pissed over is the PG thing.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i stopped watching it after Owen Hart died, lost interest in it and i couldn't believe that they would have even let him do that stunt let alone anything else. I always thought McMann thought more about the money then he did the Wrestlers....so i haven't watched it since. Aside from Familiar names to me like Triple H, Kane and the Undertaker, i have no idea who any of them are any more.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I used to be super into it, had the official magazine, the action figures etc. I always liked Mankind, I felt most connect to him since I was always an outcast. But when it became a soap opera with the McMahon/Triple H garbage I decided to move on to other stuff.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The golden era for me was Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz TCL matches, and all the hardcore matches and then Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H, Mick Foley and the Hell in the Cell matches. I stopped watching once most these people went and they stopped hardcore matches and went all PG13 so McMahon could run for Republican Party...
I've tried watching it again but it just seems cack now.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I quit when WCW got bought out. Everything went downhill from that point onward. I used to watch TNA instead but I just couldnt stay excited over wrestling anymore.

Good to see Ultimate Warrior in the new WWE game commercial however. He will ALWAYS be my favorite wrestler.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I remember during the attitude era they started using 'bad' language a lot more, clearly bought into the idea (fact) that sex sells and practically every match seemed to involve deadly weapons- is all that gone?
For WWE.....yes. It is gone for good and probably will not return until the company is broken up. Not just the cussing and all that but Mr. MacMann thought that the company should be focused on reaching out to the "Family Living Room." While we can debate whether this killed the show or not in terms of popularity is conjecture. The cold hard fact is that it brought in millions of more revenue when parents started to get involved with their kids; not just the Nerds/Geeks/Wrestling Fans. For all the decisions he has made, none of us can debate that Mr. MacMann's decisions wasn't right; the man is RICH!!!

Hooowwweeevvvveeerrr....................Impact Wrestling, headed by Hulk Hogan and his daughter, is in full swing. Most of the Wrestlers cling to the traditional style of fighting. Weapons and tables are common place and wrestlers actually bleed on stage almost ever episode. Additionally they have no problem being, "Manly," and will cuss and fight over the stupidest shit. So if it's traiditonal hardcore Wrestling you want then focus on Impact on TnT. If it's mass media and popular studs you want (or all my fellow Undertaker fans) then watch WWE. Either way you get a show each time.

Though we need for BROCK LESNER. BROCK LLLEESSSNNNEEERRRRR!!!!!!

But its actually, going somewhere, with its Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan/Triple H things. lets hope.
\

Not really, it has stalled in my honest opinion. They are going to a sort of "Biker Undertaker" attitude type approach and it is getting very....annoying.

Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz TCL matches
BOOOOOOOOO, those "BOYZ" needed to get washed out bro. Besides, the Dengal Gang is much more interesting with their Bayou "Mystics." :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts