Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every damn hormogaunt that i assemble if it dosent have its talons extremely close to its body it falls over making it very frustrating doing cool poses. WHAT can i do to weight the base down easily?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Some people use pennies, some people use green stuff or a cheaper putty to stuff the bottom of the base. Some others just pin the model onto the base, hiding the pin with static grass.

Those little blighters are a pain in that way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i thought about the penny thing right away however the hormogaunts now have slotted bases so......the pennies kinda dont fin into the thing.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Metal bitz work well. If you can stand to lose the cent, cut up a penny and stick the bitz to the sides of the...ahem..slotta. That way, the base sits flat, and the Hormie will behave.

-Dirge

·
Registered
25 Posts
metal washers, I do it with my IG it makes them a tiny bit taller but no biggie and you can't tell they're on it. Plus it allows you to make a movement tray for them ;)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
glue scrap metal to the under side of the base

·
Registered
453 Posts
I slightly bent the ankle to make it more leaping upright, then superglued a small rock to it to brace it.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Birdshot works well. Just fill the base with superglue, dip in birdshot, and it should get enough to weigh the model down. Far cheaper than a penny or metal bits, oddly enough, too-- the amount of birdshot you use on a base is pretty negligable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG I TRIED The knee bending like 3 min after posting(great minds think alike) and the birdshot i think will probably be the best thing thanks guys

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just went and bought a jumbo pack of round split fishing weights. Pry them open, and using wire cutters seperate the two halves. Then glue them under, on top, etc.
The up side is with some sand any you add to the top base can look like smooth stones poking through the sands surface.
Also for under the base the big ones can be a little tall but some pressure, and pliers flattens them right out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts