Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
righto its been ages since its been here, too much gameing not enough 40k haha, other week i was visting my girl when i wandered into gw for a new book, gave me the itch to pick up my chaos sisters again.
so i got a box of dark angels and put them together as a celestian squad (head swaps, looks not too bad cept my bad painting, ive also got a terminator lord as my canoness done up along with 6 blood letters done as acro flaggelants so far (not much painted yet and ill post pics after i clean my room and find camera charger)

anyway onto main point as soon as i dig up my codex i was thinking of restarting the whole writing up mini codex for my chaos sisters (last attempt was lost in laptop transitions) was hoping on any good ideas or tips people could throw my way?
im not aiming to change much, mainly just models and maybe a small rule or two. for example, instead of exorcists i was thinking defilers, ie. when the sisters turned they had no sort of tanks with them, so their engineers using scrap and parts found apart built new battle tanks in the likes of the defillers. rules are same it fires d6 krak missiles a turn, but in addition i was thinking.
"due to the shody build of the weapon system the gunners were warned to not stress or overheat the main cannon, due to their blood thirst the warnings were ignored, whenever the exorcist fires 6 missiles it may not fire the next shooting phase as they await the cannon to cool"
small stuff like that

most units are the same, sisters are sisters, maybe have assasians as meceneries? the storm troopers could be cultists, acro flagelants as summoned deamons ect. any more ideas?

also lastely anyone know a good template i oculd use for making it up as im planning to print it out and wack into folder so people can have it as a refrence for when i field the army :p

think thats all for now, ill try to post updates and ideas i come up with, sorry on bad spelling as i dont have my codex to double check how everythings spelt XD, also lastely its a khorne cult of sisters :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ok i got a few pages up for now

(edit just reliaed i got points up there, shouldnt be too much a problem as the witch hunters codex is for free on their site but if need be let me know ill edit the image and re upload)
(edit: set new pic thanks to ROT)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
This is pretty interesting, I'll be following this (offering input if needed).

Liking the idea of a traitor sisters of battle, would love to see how the models come out.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I certainly think the Penitent Engines should stay, rather than Defilers. Chaos Sisters would probably be able to do so much more with them, especially if they can get the pilots juived up on the warp. That, and the model kicks every ass and just looks chaos-y!
Maybe you could add in psykers, somehow. If they've thrown in their lot with chaos, then I don't see why they wouldn't be at least curious about how psykers could boost their strength. Unless, of course, you make that a narrative hook for their background. This would make their positioning themselves with their new allies a bit more interesting as they nust can't help abhoring the witch.

GFP

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ultra - i got some pics on my lappy, ill prob upload them tomorrow night and link from here, not much diffrences, my cannones is a terminator lord with a head swap (termie amour is treated as the cloak and rosarious) celestins to be diffrent i used dark angels with head swaps, some emblems scratched off and some khorne emblems painted onto them ect.

GFP - i like your ideas, maybe use inquisitor lords as the base for the peyker as they already have access to their powers? and could also bum some powers from the chaos marines codex i have lying around. maybe you have ideas what the assasians could be? i was thinking hired mecenarys or something, havent put much thought there yet but im definatly going to turn storm troopers to chaos cultists :D
also in case i didnt mention, even though im changing names of stuff i tend to keep point and rules the same with a few mods here and there, so for the defiller, itll have all the exorcist stats and rules (+ my extra one for giggles) its just a diffrent model and name, namely to keep it so people wont have to much of a problem with me fielding the army when i finish it off

(not sure on the lord as a psyker as reading my chaos codex reminded me khorne seems to hate soccery, so idk how itd go with them as they follow the blood god)

for any interested in the starting of the army, its only two painted models so far with a third getting ready to be painted
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=753474#post753474

1 - 6 of 6 Posts