Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEELLP!!!:thank_you:

My friend stuck a wraithlord in his 500pt army, i can always kill it but by then i only have 2-6 models left!:headbutt::hang1::angel:

My list is like so--

HQ-DP, MoS, Lash

Troops-10 CSM, x2 Meltaguns IoCG
Troops-5 CSM, x1 Plasma Gun, Aspiring Champ w/ TW Bolter, Meltabombs

Heavy Support- 1 Obliterator

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, your list as is doesn't look that bad for dealing with the lord. I can see your point though; you need to use half or more of your army to deal with his probably 100 point unit. The easiest fix is probably throwing in a power fist in the 5 or ten man squad - hidden fists kill lords.

Note that wraithlords have a 1 in 6 chance per turn of remaining stationary, doing nothing and being auto-hit in cc if they're not in 6" of a psyker (12" if the psyker has an upgrade). Given the chance, kill or drive off the psyker first. Obviously, avoid him with your demon prince unless he's on one wound.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Give the dp wings and warptime. Go straight at him. You don't even need the MoS. Remember to cast warptime on your opponents turn and he should make quick work of him.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
throw some fists into your group then kill all psykers then focus on the WL

also that seems to be a pretty douche move xD

·
Registered
378 Posts
What else does he run with the lord? And how is the lord armed?

·
Registered
358 Posts
yeah wraithlords are hard to kill you could try and avoid it while shooting it with the oblit but even with powerfists it will still be hard to destroy :/

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You could lash it away whenever it gets too close. Wraithlords have enough power to kill one or two marines a turn when further than 12 inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts