Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this and getting back into 40k after having dabbled many years ago. I have a quick question that i may just be looking at in a stupid manner (nothing new there), but when a unit of wraithcannon armed WG fire upon a squad how do the wound allocations work, obviously normal troops fire en-masse but with the d weapons it states that unallocated (spare) wounds dont carry over from model to model, so do I fire each wraithcannon individually at nearest model or what?
Thanks in advance for taking time out to help a newb :victory:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yes, d-weapons are weird since they roll on the D table rather than to wound, so the wounds dealt are only allocated to the mini that took the D-hit rather than "the weapon deals this many Ap2 wounds to the unit." If a squad of Wraithguard fired at, say, a squad of 3 Carnifexes, each hit would be resolved one at a time, possibly splatting or injuring or failing to injure each big monster, but rolling a 6 on the D chart will still only ever kill one Carn, not deal 6+D6 wounds to the unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

so each weapon is rolled seperately instead of one big pool, thanks a lot, still torn as to usage of the torrent weap instead... thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts