Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my Nurgle Wraith Knight, I have converted some Wraith Guard. They will represent Beasts of Nurgle in game and I am veyr pleased with the job I have done. There are a couple more things to work on I think, but these are virtually ready for the paint job.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
633 Posts
That one with the split open head with pustulant gooeiness is truly horrific.
Great job! Keep it up.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That one with the split open head with pustulant gooeiness is truly horrific.
Great job! Keep it up.
Cheers. Its not my favorite but the bursting head puss looks very dramatic.

would love to see those things painted up o-o
Paint job will be a while, as these will be a a reward unit once I have painted up a load of plague bearers.

When i see links of "nurgle" conversions I look just to see if its a car wreck, as some really are. But this I really like, just enough work on each model. Well done with these humakt the one with the puss/boil-brain thingy is very cool :good:
Thanks. I was tempted to do more but wanted to retain some of the Eldar elements to the models. My personal favorite is the tentacle legged beast. I hope my paint job does them justice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Interesting idea, and sure well done. A bit confused about how you got the idea, though...:scratchhead:I mean, how often is daddy Nurgle after the Space Elves, really?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting idea, and sure well done. A bit confused about how you got the idea, though...:scratchhead:I mean, how often is daddy Nurgle after the Space Elves, really?
To be honest the idea came from a discussion about a Eldar Cosplay I have been toying with. As I am a little fat man, my buddy declared there were no fat Eldar. I thought you could have some and if they were infected by Nurgle they would become fat and bloated.

Now in realtion to the 40k Universe Papa Nurgles rot infects all living things, so why not Eldar? Wraithbone is a 'living' substance I understand so why not corruption from within. The project has progressed well through build stage, with a Great Unclean one and 20 plague bearers to convert. That just leaves the rather nerve wracking painting part of the army.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looking good, papa nurgle will be pleased. I have a knurgle knight (car wreck) on the go very fun converting. I hope to see more Nurglized creations from you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts