Dieter Helsnicht
Walach Harkon
Luthor Harkon
Melkhior
Zacharias the Everliving
Vardek Crom
Tancred of Quenelles
Theoderic of Brionne

GW are digging out every single character they can for the End Times. Really nice to see that nobody will be forgotten.

LotN
Yep! Have you got the Heraldry of the Empire book? I think in the new book when describing regiments of Sylvania, it states Manfredd tended to rename the units so they were more befitting of their new nature, the only one he didn't have to was the "Death Heads" I could of swore the dead heads were that sigmarite witch hunter unit in the heraldry book.

Half of the current Tomb Kings heroes from the army book are also dead like Khatep and Nekaph and I think Rhamotep to, perhaps Apophas to, although he turned into beetles upon his death, I dunno whether Nagash properly killed him. Also funny is that when certain tomb kings died, they ended up ripping the Vampires who killed to shreds due to their curse which was funny. Happened to one of Mannfred's who Mannfred was just starting to "like" he saved Manfredd from the Tomb King only to be devoured by beetles heh.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
These fluff summaries are amazing, thanks for the hard work you're putting in!

A question on rules though - are the End Times rules an add-on for the game? My friend (who suspiciously plays Tomb Kings) insists that it's an add-on to the basic game like Stronghold Assault for 40k.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
These fluff summaries are amazing, thanks for the hard work you're putting in!

A question on rules though - are the End Times rules an add-on for the game? My friend (who suspiciously plays Tomb Kings) insists that it's an add-on to the basic game like Stronghold Assault for 40k.
It has additional rules for scenarios but according to the book the undead legion is suitable to play in normal fantasy games. Every indication is that it's an expansion of the fantasy basic game it says:

New Warhammer Rules: These are new rules you can use in any game of Warhammer that allows you to recreate haunted landcapes and underground battles. This section also includes the Lore of Undeath, a new spell lore that allows your wizards to wield the fell magics unleashed by Nagash.

Further down in the description it says "...These new models can be used in the scenarios described, or added to your existing collection and used with the rest of your army in any other games that you play."

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh, well, looks like Tomb Kings just became a totally redundant army book. Thanks for the info :victory:
Well yes and no, tomb kings in the undead legion only have access to one of their heroes which is Khalida. They don't have Hierophants any more so no regen by default. You still need the army book since it has all the units and rules and magic items in it, so it's not totally redundant, to use the Undead Legion as a whole you still need both Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings army books.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Well yes and no, tomb kings in the undead legion only have access to one of their heroes which is Khalida. They don't have Hierophants any more so no regen by default. You still need the army book since it has all the units and rules and magic items in it, so it's not totally redundant, to use the Undead Legion as a whole you still need both Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings army books.
I think being able to March and the removal of Crumbling when the Heirophant does is totally worth losing some characters. The Regen given by the Heirophant has almost never come into play when I've fought Tomb Kings as their units are completely incapable of standing up to Warriors of Chaos, regeneration or not. Add in the ability to cherry-pick units from Vampire Counts and I don't think TK can measure up to UL at all. Still - to each their own :)

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I think being able to March and the removal of Crumbling when the Heirophant does is totally worth losing some characters. The Regen given by the Heirophant has almost never come into play when I've fought Tomb Kings as their units are completely incapable of standing up to Warriors of Chaos, regeneration or not. Add in the ability to cherry-pick units from Vampire Counts and I don't think TK can measure up to UL at all. Still - to each their own :)
Yeah undoubtedly the Undead Legion is better, I was just saying there's still some use for the Tomb Kings book, albeit minor.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Half of the current Tomb Kings heroes from the army book are also dead like Khatep and Nekaph and I think Rhamotep
What happenned to them then???Really good summaries by the way

Further down in the description it says "...These new models can be used in the scenarios described, or added to your existing collection and used with the rest of your army in any other games that you play."
Huzzah I have more tactics against WoC more than attempting to run round them with chariots now!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm just waiting for more of the old Chaos heroes to show up: Aekold Helbrass, Arbaal the Undefeated, Egrimm van Horstman, Dechala the Denied One, Count Mordrek the Damned, Valnir the Reaper, the daemon prince Azazel, the Lord of Change Amon 'chakai. :victory:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
What happenned to them then???Really good summaries by the way
Killed in battle. I finally got my hands on an Ecopy of the book and practically every Tomb King hero is dead in battle with Nagash's forces, except Settra who survived and Khalida who bent the knee.

Also a little tidbit we missed in the earlier summary, Seerlord Kritislik of the Skaven is dead. Killed by the Horned Rat for being weak. And that means a new Seerlord will rise, and I think it's pretty obvious who that's going to be. :grin: :grin: :grin:

LotN

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Killed in battle. I finally got my hands on an Ecopy of the book and practically every Tomb King hero is dead in battle with Nagash's forces, except Settra who survived and Khalida who bent the knee.

Also a little tidbit we missed in the earlier summary, Seerlord Kritislik of the Skaven is dead. Killed by the Horned Rat for being weak. And that means a new Seerlord will rise, and I think it's pretty obvious who that's going to be. :grin: :grin: :grin:

LotN
Oh yeah sorry I missed that bit, kind of important but everything else I read just forced it out of my head at the time lol.

I'm just waiting for more of the old Chaos heroes to show up: Aekold Helbrass, Arbaal the Undefeated, Egrimm van Horstman, Dechala the Denied One, Count Mordrek the Damned, Valnir the Reaper, the daemon prince Azazel, the Lord of Change Amon 'chakai. :victory:
Wouldn't be surprised if they turned up in the new book, the greater daemon of nurgle I think is the one from forgeworld I honestly can't remember what killed him though, I think Valten and Vlad did him in a long with Kurt Helborg.

Another bit I forgot: The priest fell silent as Mazdamundi's corpulent bulk shifted upon the dais "The Great Plan has failed." the Slann intoned heavily. "The Exodus must begin."

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I can offer you one thing then; (Spoilers for G&F: Kinslayer)

Another possibility, not 100% on this but it's very possible. Of the Nine Mortarchs one of them is titled The Nameless, a very powerful enchanter from the Grey Mountains who has lost his memory. The only example of his power is that at one point he controls the minds of EVERYONE within a twenty-mile radius of himself, and keeps that going for possibly months. Vlad von Carstein himself notes that he'd never be able to do that, ever. So a very powerful enchanter from the Grey Mountains, the name Constant Drachenfels just won't get out of my head. My money says one of Nagash's lieutenants is far more powerful than Nagash thinks he is.

LotN

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Wounder whats happening in Cathay and Nippon when all this is going down. You figure the dragon emperor who almost destroyed a entire race with a meteorite wouldn't just sit this one out.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Wounder whats happening in Cathay and Nippon when all this is going down. You figure the dragon emperor who almost destroyed a entire race with a meteorite wouldn't just sit this one out.
I'm sure we'll find out in one of the upcoming End Times books. My guess is either Chaos is heading there or the Ogres are going for payback.

LotN

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Goddamn. Everybody is coming back for this. Very old returning characters;

Heinrich Kemmler
Dieter Helsnicht
Walach Harkon
Luthor Harkon
Melkhior
Zacharias the Everliving
Vardek Crom
Tancred of Quenelles
Theoderic of Brionne

GW are digging out every single character they can for the End Times. Really nice to see that nobody will be forgotten.

LotN
And where is Abhorash in all of this? Still sat ontop of his Volcano doing absolutely nothing? Though after reading Nagash: End Times it seems that at some point he has actually met Mannfred as if you read about him talking with either Arkhan or the Crowfiend (not sure which) he mentions meeting a man his people knew simply as: The Dragon and there is a brief description about him.

Also judging from the fact that Mannfred's history has been revealed abit more with it specifying that he traded: Silks and Steel, or Bear Skin and Crude Iron. Does anyone else think that Mannfred originally came from Cathy?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The nagash rule book which is split into two books between lore and rules, not the novel.
Cool. Shame I seem to find it on the games workshop site. Must be sold out.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
41 - 60 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.