Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently a disagreement with a friend of mine over wound allocation. He is insisting that any power weapon wounds/wounds that ignore armour saves remove models before any other wounds are allocated and that you can not double up power weapon/armour ignoring wounds as that model is already dead. He is using the bottom of page 24 to validate his calims and saying that it over rides page 25 regarding wound allocation.

We are both veteran players and despite pionting out that the example given on page 25 of wound allocation makes the power armoured saves illegal under his interpretation he pointed out that that is okay as it is only armour ignoring saves that can not be stacked on top of each other.

Despite there being no such rule covering this as all it states in the book is that the owning player allocates the wounds to the models as he sees fit. If there are more wounds than models then models are allocated a second wound and so on. At no point does it forbide armour ignoring wounds being stacked on one model or multi wounds on a group of identical models.

Page 24 states that when a model suffers an unsaved wound or a wound from a weapon that ignores it's armour then it is removed from the board.

Page 25 kicks off with "so far we have assumed all models are equipped the same..." before going into the process.

It's quite frustrating as I know I am right but I am finding it quite hard to prove the point.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You are correct. You allocate all wounds as you see fit, bearing in mind that no model can have two assigned until all have one, and then you roll for saves (if any) so if you hit a 5 man squad (all with different wargear) with 2 power weapon wounds and 8 normal wounds you can stack both PW wounds on one guy and take saves on the rest.

·
Registered
387 Posts
you allocate the wounds like you said but it also depends on gear

say you have a unit of 5 marines, 4 are normal with bolters and 1 has a lascannon then if you put the 2 power weapon attacks on a normal marine you would lose 2 marines but if you allocate both the power weapon attacks to the lascannon guy then he is the only one that dies

it comes under complex units page 25 of the brb

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Pg 24 is reffering to removing casualties after any saves have been attempted, they are not removed immediately for power weapon or low AP wounds at all.

Get him to carefully read the rules given in the example shown on pg 25. It describes exactly the situation he's saying cannot happen. Extra wounds being stacked on models with no saves allowed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts