Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I've been thinking about something as of late regarding Omegon and the whole 'no one knows who or what he really is' theme. When in the same presence as Alpharius he would normally play the role of an astartes captain (of the Effrit stealth squad I believe?) but how did other primarchs or legionnaires not realise he was something more? Surely the fact he was much quicker/stronger than the rest of his squad (and other astartes) would have sparked questions? At the very least he would be regarded as the top legionnaire by a noticeable margin; or perhaps he would hold back on purpose so that his abilities were comparable to the marines around him to better fit in?

Just a different aspect to consider with this popular theme.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
IMO, it doesn't matter if the other Legionnaires know. The Alpha Legion is so damn secretive, they wouldn't tell anyone, even if they did know.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My entire guess is that he wouldn't be stupid enough to use his full strength.

You know, dial it back to meld in with the rest of his squad. Seems like the simplest and easiest solution.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd gather that if they were fighting alongside other legions they simply wouldn't have both primarchs on the ground or involved. Hold one back. They've got plenty of other resources they can use instead of requiring both.

It's not like many names of Alpha legionnaires are well known around the other legions either. Secretive.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the legionnaries do know of Omegon. In a short story about Alpha Legion infiltrating their own base (I believe in Tales of Heresy) the protagonist squad were told they were led by Omegon but in the end he confessed being just a stunt double.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't think I've seen anything to suggest there are Alpha Legion guys that don't know the secret, but I can't imagine there would be many cases where the AL were fighting directly alongside other legion forces. That campaign against the orks where they fought with the Blood Angels suggests the BA practically never saw the AL throughout. Occasional ship to ship communications but no fighting the same battles.

Istvaan would be an obvious situation where they were directly alongside other legions, but are there any other known cases? I think it's plausible that nobody from another legion actually witnessed Omegon fighting.

Even if they did, unless another astartes (and I think it would have to be to give their story credibility) witnessed Alpharius and Omegon fighting literally side by side, I don't think anybody would suspect there were two primarchs. One marine reports that he was fighting alongside Alpharius, and another one reports he was also fighting alongside Alpharius at that exact moment. Would you really jump to the conclusion that there are twin primarchs? Is that the most plausible answer?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I wonder about Magnus and Omegon. I know FW3 Extermination says the TS avoided the AL for reasons unknown (for fear of infiltration maybe) but I'm sure it has been said that all the Primarchs met each other at least once which means Magnus must have met both Alpharius and Omegon at least once and there is a good chance he would have been able to distinguish between the 2 as their "souls" would have appeared slightly different to his psychic senses.

I suspect that Ahriman and the other powerful psykers in the TS would have been able to distinguish between them as well giving the AL a reason to avoid the TS.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Afaik, Alpharius Omegon was the runt of the primarchs. Closer to Astartes proportions, and a clear factor in how they were able to blend in with the rank and file. Unlike the towering primarchs of the other legions.

Omegon after all frequently doubled with Sheed Ranko whom was big for an astartes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wonder about Magnus and Omegon. I know FW3 Extermination says the TS avoided the AL for reasons unknown (for fear of infiltration maybe) but I'm sure it has been said that all the Primarchs met each other at least once which means Magnus must have met both Alpharius and Omegon at least once and there is a good chance he would have been able to distinguish between the 2 as their "souls" would have appeared slightly different to his psychic senses.

I suspect that Ahriman and the other powerful psykers in the TS would have been able to distinguish between them as well giving the AL a reason to avoid the TS.
I suspect the line about all primarchs meeting once probably didn't include Omegon. I imagine the AL were probably mindful of the TS psychic abilities when they met and probably kept Omegon out of the way (or Alpharius out of the way, proxying Omegon as Alpharius)

Afaik, Alpharius Omegon was the runt of the primarchs. Closer to Astartes proportions, and a clear factor in how they were able to blend in with the rank and file. Unlike the towering primarchs of the other legions.

Omegon after all frequently doubled with Sheed Ranko whom was big for an astartes.
Good point.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I think the legionnaries do know of Omegon. In a short story about Alpha Legion infiltrating their own base (I believe in Tales of Heresy) the protagonist squad were told they were led by Omegon but in the end he confessed being just a stunt double.
Omegons existence was known to the rest of the legion. His existence was only a closely kept secret from the other legions and even the Emperor, supposedly.

I would say if Omegon was ever at a meeting between Alpharius and the other primarchs, that there are different things to consider. Perhaps Omegon took his brothers place at some of the meetings, or perhaps he was merely nearby in the garb of the captain of Effrit stealth squad, helmet on. Or in the case of the TS, he was probably in orbit or perhaps even with a different expedition fleet. Who knows when it comes to the Alpha Legion.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Though Lorgar might have known the truth. He sent copies of his book of Lorgar to all the traitor primarchs. The alpha legion got two, each subtly different from the other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts