Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not sure if this has been brought up in the past but couldnt find anything.

was paying a game againts my little brother yesterday (me BA's, him SW) and as his rhino punched through one of my tact squads he decided to shoot at me from one of his fire points with his grey hunters. and so I was wondering what would stop me from (in my turn) if i could end my movement phase in bass to bass with his rhino, from putting my flamer into his firing point and hitting everyone inside lol

I obversely didnt do this to him but got me thinking about what other little rules like that would be fun to do.

Like even if I ended my movement phase in bass to bass and as long has he fired from firing points(in his turn) why cant I toss a frag or krak in there (providing I hit of course) and make him roll say a D3 on the glancing hits table lol

If you got any other "fun rules" like this stick them up I would love to see what people can come up with for when playing friendly games etc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Actually, the rules about using Krak grenades in close combat with vehicles are precisely that. Jamming it in the tracks, shoving it into an open fire point, etc.

So assault it and break that annoying Rhino!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol they could make a list of things that happen depending on which way you assault from.
e.g. assault from the rear
"Stuff some some crap down the exhaust pipes" for the rest of the game target moves 12" every turn, straight forward lol

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
what about adding 2 dice together e.g.

need a 4+ to wound you are rolling 2 dice and get two 2's add them together

·
Registered
104 Posts
what about adding 2 dice together e.g.

need a 4+ to wound you are rolling 2 dice and get two 2's add them together
That's how Terminator armor and Carnifexes used to work in 2nd ed. It was 3+ on 2d6, but AP values were totally different. (And better, I might add...)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Lol like jamming a bannana in someones gun in close combat...
Like in the cartoons :laugh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or putting a flag in thier gun which makes every1 treat them as the cloest target in the next round of shooting lol

(merry xmass every1 btw)

·
Registered
811 Posts
there is a rule for that, its called open topped, the vehicle counts as open topped because he used the fire points, however, because his hunters have 3+ armor, that special rule is ignored.

it may not benefit you in this situation, but it is accounted for in the rules

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
A buddy of mine made a squad of Tyranid Hunters, and gave them all flamethrowers (they weren't intended to actually be played with.) Instead of the promethium canisters, he modelled cans of Raid plugged into 'em. Sorta along the same lines as painting over a Space Marine's lens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just watch 300 again and thought it would be cool to be able to equip my tact squads with combat shields and CCW with no guns lol
And they had a anti furious charge, where when they get charged they get +1T and +1WS but only when there is 10 or more of them in a squad (to show them working well as a unit)...or just for +3points each or to vets instead of tact squads, but still would be fun.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Lol like jamming a bannana in someones gun in close combat...
Like in the cartoons :laugh:
lol!

bit can any1 here see a bannana stopping, for example, a bolter round?
although it migh tmake the enemy stop and think for a bit...

SM: why are you all laughing at me?
IG: hahahahahahaha
SM: *points bannana at IG* eat fruit scum! *thows bannana at him and runs*

(sorry, im tired and not thinking right at the moment...):shok:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts