Votes: 24 53.3%
  • For the Greater Good!

Votes: 21 46.7%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It's too open ended.

Would I like to be an Imperial Guardsman defending a civlized world? Where I mostly loaf around, drink a bit (not that I drink), swagger around the bars and have women swoon over my "heroics" on the battlefield?

Or am I stuck in the Cadian sub-sector where Chaos and God knows what is awaiting to devour my very immortal soul?

Am I a Human auxiliary on a planet about to be devoured by a Hive Fleet? or am I posted on largely peaceful, mostly human Tau septworld? Where I do nothing more strenuous than walk the grounds and make sure my kit is clean?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Imperial Guardsman.... I'm second class and neither chain of command cares so I may as well fight for family, friends and race. The Tau just use you under a false guise whilst the imperium doesn't (well mostly). So the honesty goes a long way... plus dirty xeno's

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Tau auxiliaries are probably treated better and have a longer life exptancy to that of the Guardsman. The Tau also fight in a way that minimizes casualties as much as possible, instead of just throwing hordes into the meat grinder.

Therefore, I will choose the auxiliary.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
^what he said. Regardless of where they're stationed, fighting for the Tau will probably have you live longer. I like life. Ima go with tau

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Imperial Guard. Just because I'm a guardsman, doesn't necessarily mean I'm stuck in an infantry platoon, or in the infantry at all...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Probably tau auxiliary.

However, being a Savlar also sounds good...you know, all the stealing and drugs and playing pranks on the commissars...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Imperial.

I would rather side with my own race than an alien no matter the benefits out of pride and simply human nature.

Second, the Kroot are banned from consuming the flesh of the Tau or their own kind. So human auxiliaries are fair game.

The Greater Good is also a scam. The Tau are an extremely naive and arrogant race. Their knowledge of the Warp/Chaos is practically zero and they haven't really seen the nitty gritty of the galaxy so far.

Their empire is still extremely small in comparison to the other races and once they realize they can't outfit their armies in top notch gear as it grows and as their empire grows, they'll probably be in a worse state than the Imperium. They have no Space Marines, they have no Emperor to save them.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm going with the tau...better gear and higher life expectancy, I also get to shoot a plasma weapon with out the change of losing my arm.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Even with the best life expected if taking tau's side, i simply cannot stand those goofy blue skinned half-manga joke of an alien. they should just submit to a mercyful exterminatus or return from the wretched japanese anime the came from.
Apart from that: GLORY TO CHAOS!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Gonna go with Gue'vesa. Unlike the Guard command who do not care in the slightest about guardsmen or casualties, at least the Tau command care enough about minimalising casualties, which makes you feel slightly more valued, and gives you a better life expectancy.

Of course, Auxiliaries also get 'shore' leave, whereas from what I can gather from Guard novels I have read once you are in the Guard that is it for the rest of your life - the only real 'break' you get is for warp travel (fun..) or parades. You are 'lucky' if you live past 15 hours.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I give my mind to the Neverdead to become their immortal servant. I will reap the souls of the galaxy under the Necron sigil. All shall know my name and despair:

Pariah.

Oh ok fine if I had to choose between the two, Tau. Cooler guns and hot blue alien chicks for days.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll stick by my race and Emperor. Besides, screw the xenos.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Having read through this thread we all have good answers that bring excellent points to light. However I feel there is one questions that we all have missed that is crucial to answer such a question.

Do the Tau treat there human auxiliaries fair, and supply them well? Or do they throw them away in battle just as easily as there Imperial Counter-Parts would?

Their knowledge of the Warp/Chaos is practically zero and they haven't really seen the nitty gritty of the galaxy so far.
While I agree Darkblade about there experience, I must bash on you for your comment on the Warp. Indeed I feel writers have put the Tau outside the normal Warp dimension travel. They are more akin to Star Trek I feel, as they have mastered space travel beyond the Warp. Similar to Eldar gateways the Tau don't travel through the "Warp" as we know it from my understanding. Therefore I feel they are more advanced than humanity which is stuck in a Dark Age.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts