Votes: 49 63.6%
  • HELL NO!

Votes: 28 36.4%
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hinting on another thread that guilliman may return, a few people commeted saying very interesting things. I think guilliman returning is just what 40k needs. Someone mentioned he would start his own great crusade which is a wonderful idea! So gents, what do you think?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
What confuses me is how would he suddenly start a new Great Crusade? :wacko:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I'd like to see a Primarch return. If it's Rowboat, then fair enough as he's the master logistician etc.

Plus, I'd give a kidney to see him beat his way into the High Lords chamber. "What the actual fuck are you bunch of muppets playing at!?" :laugh:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Why would it make it any more interesting? The timeline's not going to advance enough. Fantasy CAN advance, and IS, but 40K? Can't actually see where having Rowboat wake up actually will.

The argument of "he's healing while in stasis" doesn't hold true, because if he's healing in stasis, then he's going to be able to heal outside of stasis. It was one of McNeil's typical stupid throwaway lines.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mhm. First Great Crusade was possible because of the fall of the Eldar race. Orks were there but were a minor threat, and Dark Eldar were still forming fully in the commoragh i guess.

Gathering a massive army now would result in leaving Imperium full of vast holes in their defenses, which would be exploited by pretty much every race.

Albeit I guess this Great Crusade would be fought mainly by Astra militarum forces....?

·
Registered
247 Posts
How many Primarchs are running around in 40K? Horus Heresy and Space Marine Battles is the only place I've personally seen them. I haven't read nearly as much as many of you, but I've read a good several since this post:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117260
So maybe I just haven't read the right books, but Primarchs are obviously not too common. It would be nice to see more of them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Let's see. Angron and Mortarion only . Lorgar is locked in his tower fapping at his holy texts, and Perturabo is doing god knows what on Medrengard.

Dunno if I missed someone.

Fulgrim, but no idea if there's actually anything on him post heresy....

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
If Rowboat came back he wouldn't launch a new crusade, he'd have his hands full dealing with the mess the Imperium has become. It's like in UE. He wants to consolidate what they hold before he does anything drastic like going on the offensive. Any of the others might do things differently, but that's what Guilliman is bred for.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Lion El'Johnson - kept in the Rock
-
Fulgrim - Ascended to Daemon Primarch
Perturabo - on Medrengard
Khan - in the webway hunting Eldar
Russ - in the Warp, coming at "the wolf time"
Dorn - presumed dead, only found his fist following an assault on a Chaos Cruiser
Curze - killed by M'Shen to prove a point to the Imperium
Sanguinius - killed by Horus on the Vengeful Spirit
Ferrus - killed by Fulgrim at the Dropsite Massacre
-
Angron - still alive, lead the first war for Armageddon, banished to warp for a thousand years by Aurelian
Rowboat - poisoned by Fulgrim during the scouring, in stasis on macragge, possibly still alive
Mortarion - still alive, has an autograph of Draigo on his heart, turned a daemon world to become Barbarus
Magnus - still alive, not too happy about his legion turning into cybermen
Horus - killed by big Emperor on Vengeful Spirit at the end of the Siege of Terra
Lorgar - Still alive post heresy
Vulkan - last seen to be insane, hunted by Curze, and also a Perpetual. Location unknown, presumed alive
Corax - presumed alive, gone into the warp, "Nevermore".
Alpharius - unknown. Rumours of his death were fabricated. Presumed alive, but who really knows?
Omegon - unknown. Omegon came after the information about Alpharius' "death".

That's 7 Primarchs known to be alive, 1 presumed, and Omegon's unknown (and neither is it known which side they'd fall on now), of the loyalists, there are 5 still presumed to be alive (although only 3 are presumed Compus Mentus), 1 presumed dead (but equally still possible to be alive?), and 1 wounded, but possibly still alive but trapped in Stasis.

Best case scenario for the loyalists is Dorn is found missing a hand, Rowboat is brought out of Stasis and heals up, Vulkan and the Lion become sane once more, and seeing the nature of the war, Alpharius+Omegon return to the Imperium, plus the 3 others come back - which results in 9 loyalists versus 7 heretics - or maybe to show the division in the AL, it becomes 8 loyalists versus 8 heretics - with the twins on either side of the war.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would it make it any more interesting? The timeline's not going to advance enough. Fantasy CAN advance, and IS, but 40K? Can't actually see where having Rowboat wake up actually will.

The argument of "he's healing while in stasis" doesn't hold true, because if he's healing in stasis, then he's going to be able to heal outside of stasis. It was one of McNeil's typical stupid throwaway lines.
well, in angel exterminatus there is a device that can heal people in stasis, so you never know

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd like to see a Primarch return. If it's Rowboat, then fair enough as he's the master logistician etc.

Plus, I'd give a kidney to see him beat his way into the High Lords chamber. "What the actual fuck are you bunch of muppets playing at!?" :laugh:
i think it would be great to see what roboute thinks of the ultramarines!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i think it would be great to see what roboute thinks of the ultramarines!
I think the opinion would be the most epic face palm in history.

Everything the ultramarines are now is the exact opposite of what gulliman wanted them to be, in fact there's only one ultramarine who would fit with the model of what an ultramarine should be.

Even if he returned what could he really do. the ultramarine controlled area is the best area in the imperium to live, unless is figures out a way to knock some sense into the mechanius and is capable of organizing the various astartes chapters who are all doing their own thing into performing useful tasks, not to mention figuring out a way to put the eccentrically back in their place it's not going to change anything.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the opinion would be the most epic face palm in history.

Everything the ultramarines are now is the exact opposite of what gulliman wanted them to be, in fact there's only one ultramarine who would fit with the model of what an ultramarine should be.

Even if he returned what could he really do. the ultramarine controlled area is the best area in the imperium to live, unless is figures out a way to knock some sense into the mechanius and is capable of organizing the various astartes chapters who are all doing their own thing into performing useful tasks, not to mention figuring out a way to put the eccentrically back in their place it's not going to change anything.
Ya guilliman never intended for the codex to be followed so strictly. This is the reason why 30k ultramarines are my favourite legions, but 40k ultras are not.
Well I think he's the one man that can unite the imperium. He did amazing things during the scouring, and while I know there are far more numerous threats, he may be able to amazing things

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
This is really more of a 40k fluff discussion than Black Library. Moved.

Personally, I think Roboute returning would be a cheap plot twist. Frankly I think most of the current primarch "endings" are cheap plot twists. One or two would have been okay, but as we see from Vaz' list, GW clearly doesn't know how to keep a story under control. It was better when all of them were dead or daemonic. Added to their status as legends from an older time, the likes of whom will never be seen again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Russ or the Khan would not unite the Imperium. In fact, I do not believe the High Lords would recognize them at all. Likely they'd be declared some sort of Chaos abomination, the findings would be backed by an equally suspicious (and power hungry) Inquisition and the Primarchs would be hunted until death.

Yes the Space Wolves would flock to Russ and the White Scars and their successors. But neither legion was exactly very prolific in generating successors, especially the Wolves. At best, they'd have fled to the very edge of Imperial space where Russ/Khan would lead a guerilla war while trying to rapidly increase their numbers. Although for the Wolves this may be impossible since they have such a strong connection to Fenris.

Guilliman's return would be met with more respect (and fear) by the High Lords. If Guilliman called upon the Ultramarines and their successors to rally to him -- many would. But then I feel just as many would not. Why? Just because you are a Primarch doesn't mean people (or Astartes) will believe you. Guilliman's been, for all intents and purposes, dead for 10,000ish years. Again I think a great many people would just see it as some Chaos inspired trick.

We've already seen things similar to this occur in the Blood Angels Omnibus. The Chapters would not eagerly or willingly embrace their Primarchs. They'd think them some grim and masterful Chaos trick.

Edit: One thing to also keep in perspective is that amount of time these Chapters have been without their Primarchs. Yes Guilliman, Khan, and Russ led their chapters for perhaps a thousand years at most (I'm being liberal here because I don't honestly know), but these Chapters (and their successors) have been independent and left to their own devices for 9,000 plus years. In the case of the Founding Chapters I feel the Primarchs would be lauded ... but the Successor Chapters may not be so inclined since they've formed their own, very unique personalities and traditions over the years which in some cases is radically different than their Founders.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts