Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though its probably not possible, imagine that you were in the 40k world and you were human. No, not other races, lets just stick with the race you know how to live with the best. Would you join the chaos powers or stick with the Imperium? And why?

My choice: I say heck with the emperor and his Imperium. I don't like it. But I would like to work as someone with power in the Imperium that made a pact with the chaos gods in exchange for knowledge on the Imperium's military secrets. I hope that somehow it would protect me from being a chaos bitch.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Probably not. Chances are I'd be killed randomly. Possessed by a daemon, or otherwise have my immortal soul destroyed or eaten by daemons.

What's the worst that the Imperium can throw at the (majority) of its citizens? A brutal life of hard work and little reward? Better than being eaten by daemons.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Though I play Chaos and really like chaos, I would have to stay loyal to the Emperor. You're screwed no matter who you side with. Everyone will die in the end so I'd like to die not all possessed and weird looking.

·
Registered
697 Posts
True that ^^ I would most definitely side with Chaos, but not as a normal human, I would turn traitor as a Space Marine, and probably follow Slaanesh or Khorne

EDIT: as a regular human, turning to chaos will get you about as far as the 15 hours of being on the Imperium's side. Heretics are used as cannon fodder and meat sheilds, Chaos Marines and entities simply use these heretics for opening a portal or finding out information, sabotaging sheild systems so Chaos can land on a planet, etc. After that, their useless and are killed along with the rest of the enemy.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
No, no. You see, dying a short brutal death is much better than being a daemon's plaything for all of eternity.

To put it mathematically, Short brutal death>Long (60+ years) of toil and hardship>Tortured by a daemon for all of eternity.

Given the average shitiness of everything, a fifteen hour average life span is on the "pretty good" side of the spectrum.

·
Registered
834 Posts
This is a "bad" and "badder" question.

A) Join the Imperium = meat for the grinder.
B) Join chaos = meat for something a lot nastier. Eww.

I'll take option C. I volunteer for the Greater Good.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Something else to think about - Traitor Guard armies people have, who turn the Traitor Guard to a Nurgle Guard army for instance (I'm guilty of doing it, but didn't think about this until after the fact) - Chaos only gives daemonic gifts to Chaos Space Marines because they are the super human, and can do Chaos' bidding best, being deserving of these gifts. How could there be a traitor Guard army with gifts of nurgle - their useless, used as tools for Chaos, to soften things up and ultimately die trying, so that Chaos Space Marines can come in and clean house

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Even as a marine i wouldn't turn to chaos, they may sound all bad ass but have you really thought about it?

Slannesh? So your now a marine who cares about nothing but trying to reach the next level of pleasure AND pain, soon things you like now will have no meaning to you, they will be dull and boring, music etc will go right out the window. I should explain this better, but well point is your now just a freak, nothing of what you once were.

Khorne? do i really need to say more

Nurgle. and again.

Tzeentch is just as likely to turn you into a blob without any distinct form as to give you good powers, and even then your gonna be twisted into something horrific.

Undivided? well you can just get a lovely mix of all four of the above craziness.

Traitor regular human? your just gonna die.

Me? stick with the Imperium any day of the week

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I've read some bl books that had non-CSM leaders that had gifts.
I would:
A: Join the Tau and fight for the Greater GHood
B: Become a Doctor turn to nurgle inject all of my patients with nurgle's rot and create a cult for nurgle and be it's leader
C: Become a planetary governor turn to slaanesh and make a harem with every good looking chick on my planet

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I had to be human Id probably stay loyal to the imperium, sure it may SOUND cool to worship chaos, but bear in mind you actually have to kill and torture innocents and all manner of other horrible stuff. If I could choose my role Id be a techpriest, I love tinkering with shit.

If I could be anything in the 40k verse Id be an Eldar, crafting stuff with wraithbone appeals to me, as does getting plugged into the infinity circuit

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
If I had to be human Id probably stay loyal to the imperium, sure it may SOUND cool to worship chaos, but bear in mind you actually have to kill and torture innocents and all manner of other horrible stuff.
I would also stay loyal to mankind, but what the heck is wrong with you? You would not want to be an Inquisitor, the only thing you have to do is to kill and torture innocents all day long and you get unlimited power! :shout:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I wouldn't turn to chaos. I'm really not that big on sprouting tentacles or extra appendages. If I had to live in 40k as a human, I'd probably wanna be a rogue trader. Sure it's dangerous but what in 40k isn't? At least you'd have an adventurous life and get to explore the frontiers of space. Not to mention that if you're good at your job you can make some serious cash.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
B: Become a Doctor turn to nurgle inject all of my patients with nurgle's rot and create a cult for nurgle and be it's leader
C: Become a planetary governor turn to slaanesh and make a harem with every good looking chick on my planet
On point B you would probably find yourself at the rather nasty end of a Astartes Chapter, or the Inquisition, failing that a fucking ton of guardman would be thrown at you till your dead dead dead.

On point C, you forgot that in your nice new slannesh state you would have all the good looking men in your harem aswell, and probably alot of ugly fat munters, because hell, your gonna want to find that next level of pleasure, so your gonna be trying everything. Two Girls One Cup, wouldnt be beyond you :eek:k:

If i had any choice i would bunker down with my beloved Tanith First and Only

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
i would waltz up to the gates of the imperial palace and yell "OI YOU UP THERE IF YOU DONT LET ME IN RIGHT NOW IM GOING TO BLOW UP WITH CHAOS POWER AND YOU WILL DIE" if that works go see the emporors corpse and tell him if he doesnt give me lots and lots and lots of free stuff IM GOING TO BLOW UP WITH CHAOS POWER AND YOU WILL DIE.

sillyness aside i would not join chaos, chaos space marines may have a decent chance of a good life but a mortal will be killed by some randomer for a laugh

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I wouldn't I would join the space marines become a tech marine and build a ray that stopped people from using chaos powers and then start a technological revolution.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I would join chaos. Mind you I have some very self destructive tendencies, and the core reason I would convert would to be to lay waste to the world that denied me anything but a life of servitude to leaders who care nothing about me and would gladly kill me to buy themselves a mere seconds delay in the rush of battle.

Also if all bets where off I would at least ascend to the rank of magnus, and lacking the idiotic ideology of my fellow followers of chaos, and taking into account my secretive cruel and violent yearnings I imagine I would be far more likely to double cross then to be double crossed.

Also I have been studying the occult, and the paranormal since I was 7, and had to bury my first pet when it died while I was 8. I also watched as the horrible ravages of disease, and age destroyed the minds and bodies of 2 of my loved ones. So their is little for me to fear in the darkness that hasn't at least been hinted to me by the cruel hand of fate. blah blah blah (Burn bright and die young).

1 - 20 of 243 Posts